Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 08-02-2007, 06:16 AM   #1

"My Backyard" or "Where do you ride?"

http://www.carolmendelmaps.com/mapsd/clicksd/sd6d.html

http://maps.yahoo.com/index.php#mvt=...32.87036&mag=9

http://sddt.com/Community/interactivemap.cfm

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-02-2007, 08:58 PM   #2
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge

Anywhere I point the front wheel Nico!! I don't care. I might even cruise to Texas some day because I have old friends there and Plus the guys here as well. It would be a heck of a put but I think about it a lot.

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 08-02-2007, 09:20 PM   #3

I wish I had the b*lls to just do it........ I know I will regret it if I don't.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:24 PM   #4
Sr. Contributor

well we both have a riding partner if we ever decide to do it bud.....

Full member...extraordinaire

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

Member # 0005

Old 08-02-2007, 09:26 PM   #5

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-02-2007, 09:28 PM   #6
Sr. Contributor

I like the smiley faces better than that "scary man" face!!!!

Member # 0005

Old 08-02-2007, 10:09 PM   #7

Quote:
well we both have a riding partner if we ever decide to do it bud.....

Full member...extraordinaire

Deal!

Old 08-04-2007, 11:41 AM   #8

generally 2 - 3 hour trips within md & va, but have logged a few states between maryland and florida. like the long trips - drive to work is frustrating, to much congestion, stop and go all the way, too hot in summer need i go on.

Old 08-04-2007, 12:26 PM   #9

Dip...ya gotta try Riding West Va...its great..and the people are friendly........If you would like I know some great routes...i have traveled there twice this year from Southe eastern Va...and loved it both times

Old 08-04-2007, 12:44 PM   #10

definitely interested in new routes w. va should have some good ones. don't look like i'll get out again until fall though...

Old 08-04-2007, 02:09 PM   #11

Most of my riding is in Mississippi. We have riden most of the back roads all over but I like the Natchez Trace the best. We rode it end to end a couple of years ago. Our trips are usually quick because of my work schedule. We did make it to the Bikes Blues & BBQ in Fayettville, Arkansas last year. They changed it later in October for 2007. I can't stand to ride and freeze so I may not make that one. I also like the central part of Tennessee. I haven't done the Smokies yet. That's my next long ride.
zoom45

Bobby Risher
Terry, MS
Kawanow member # 124
South Central Group
2000 Nomad 1500 (carbed) 128,000 miles

Old 08-05-2007, 02:51 PM   #12

I mostly aimlessly wander, SE Wisconsin since that is where I live and spend most of my time riding there. There are some good roads all over SE Wisconsin and I find half the pleasure locating them by accident, never really with a destination in mind, just riding and appreciating what's around the next bend.

There are several websites that you can go to that will show routes, etc. that other riders have put up to the web. Google "best motorcycle roads" or some phrase like that and you'll come up with some sites that will possibly have something in your neck of the woods.

Pray for our troops who are giving their lives to protect our freedom to ride.

Regards and God Bless You,

Stewart
VBA #60
2009 Vulcan Nomad 1700 - Black

Old 08-05-2007, 04:18 PM   #13

We generally ride in the Ozark Hills of Arkansas & Missouri. We will venture out to other states a couple times a year, such as the Smokie Mtns. of TN., NC., SC., VA., WVA., & KY. We've wrestled the Dragon about 12 times. Talk about crooked roads there's plenty of those in south west WVA., almost made us dizzy. Another good road to ride is US 421 between Mountain City TN. & Bristol Tn. Last year we made a 3700 mile road trip out west to AZ's Grand Canyon then back through Colorado Rockies. My wife and I really enjoy just loading up and riding to where ever the road takes us. On any given Saturday we will ride in the neighborhood of 280 - 570 mile during the Summer months. Ya'll ride safe........
VBA #146

Old 08-05-2007, 04:43 PM   #14

Dooley, sounds like you must be riding up in the Hardy and Mammoth Spring area. I sold my summer digs in Cherokee Village last fall and now live on the TX/MEX border, full time. Great roads up there in AR, especially Hwy 9 from Melborne over to the White River. I counted 117 twisties in a 20 mile space.... and not a straightway on the entire route.

Ride safe!!
VBA#01280
KawiNow #1280
DarkSide#315
Patriot Guard
Army Vet

Old 08-05-2007, 07:57 PM   #15

Wayne, Yeah We go thru Hardy and Mamoth often. We ride anywhere from Hardy to Eureka, Hot springs,( AR 7 between Harrison & Hot Sprg is a great ride) Arkedelphia, Russellville, Mt. Nebo (now thats a wild ride up Nebo) over Petit Jean Mtn., Branson, Mo., Jasper, Norfork, Mountain view. In other words all over cental to western AR. and southern Mo. There are some great twisting highways around that area, but we still like leaving the main trail and venturing to unknowns from time to time. I just get my map's out and map out a ride and away we go. I'll bet you rode several of those area's during your summer visits. Have a great day.....
VBA #146