Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 03-25-2010, 09:10 PM   #16

at 47--- my 1st broken bone

[quote=Cajunrider ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Dan Lund":gchf3bfv
Broken bones are a certain kind of pain that is different from any other pain. You'll recognize when you break a bone from here on out probably.

As long as we are all recounting old war wounds, I think I'll have you all beat, even Macmac.

Clavicle 3, and I think they are the worst.

Back 3

Ribs 4-5

Wrist

Arm

Leg

Knee cap
I can't imagine how all of these bones could have been broken ??? [/quote:gchf3bfv]
Well...Dan DOES tend to piss people off!

Audiogooroo - Daryl Porter
Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-25-2010, 09:12 PM   #17

Clayton, Take it from someone who knows...Stay off the bike until the rib heals. Just pickin' it up off the stand can keep it from healing right. For those of you counting try this on for size:
1. Left clavical- playing sandlot football at eight
2. Left arm above the elbow falling off a rope swing at 10
3. Both legs below the knee after missing a jump on a dirt bike at 15
4. Four ribs left side motorcycle wreck racing on back roads at 16
5. Left arm below the elbow..hit on motorcycle by drunk driver at 17
6. Right ankle three different times playing softball over military career
7. Uncounted broken fingers working as shade-tree mechanic over the years
My X-rays look like a copy of a unsuccessful Hollywood stuntman and I don't like to even think of cold weather. So, all joking aside, let it heal Clayton or you won't have an enjoyable eight to ten weeks...Huck

Old 03-26-2010, 04:25 AM   #18
Advanced Member

Thanks Guys....
Yea it is kinda painfull but in the last few days I have felt much better.
As per the cold...I had a touch of it prior to the break and now it is in full bloom....
The pillow has been my best freind and I have been wrapping it with ACE bandages just tight enough to get through the work day and take it off when I get home.
Blowing the nose has been a trick and last night I had my 1st (unfortunate) sneeze....
It feels weird, every now and then I feel it pop and slide around. Yeee Haww
:)

Clayton
2008 1600 Nomad
VBA #01332

Old 03-26-2010, 09:20 AM   #19
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Lund
Broken bones are a certain kind of pain that is different from any other pain. You'll recognize when you break a bone from here on out probably.

As long as we are all recounting old war wounds, I think I'll have you all beat, even Macmac.

Clavicle 3, and I think they are the worst.

Back 3

Ribs 4-5

Wrist

Arm

Leg

Knee cap
Close Dan, but I got ya beat i think, but yer real close.

That crash in 79, got one little wing bone in my neck (right side) from the full face helm, yeah I am one of those guys. That same crash got the left Clavicle too, lost the speen and broke every rib on the left I have..

When I was 10 I spiral fractured my left leg skiing.

In 1990 I passed out for the fiorst and last time in my life so far, 6 feet off the ground on staging for no reason I would know. It was February in upstate NY so I landed of hard frozed dirt, and broke a silver dollar size hunk of bone on my left elbow, which drove down into my fore arm, and I broke my left wrist at the same time.

I had no awareness what so ever, until I came too again. The first thing I saw was red, since I cut my face somehow in the fall on my fore head. That wasn't anything, but foreheads bleed like stuck pigs. Then my legs were scraped up and hurt more than my arm till I went to use it to stand.

Ya got me on the back break, but I have trashed disks down low.

Ya got me on a broken knee too, but I fell out of a tri tree base and caught my foot once, which tore a tendon in my leg, creating a golfball lump of gobby tendon, that hurt enough to make my puke.

I kinda hope this bs is a done deal and I don't break or tear up much more.

I tore up my rotor cuffs too one a year apart from the other skiing.. They suck the big bisquit too. I recall a real sharp stabbing pain in the first summer when I swatted at a Yellow Jacket tryin' ta' get MY BEER! I think I would have prefered getting stung, but not much more.

The 05 crash, I rode on the 30th day and continued west. That crash was Aug 1st i think now, and I wasn't healed till early march of 06, since I didn't stop riding, working odd jobs for low pay, which counted cutting down trees and splitting wood by hand. If you don't lallygag about you can keep ribs busted a very long time.

And yeah that feels just like bein' horse kicked... I know because I have been. I ain't been kicked by a mule yet, so I don't know exactly what the difference might be

I am not counting fingers and toes.

Today looks like 3 maybe 4 problem trees coming down, It is colder and so I can work that sort of thing better. Some real nice widow maker work too, with busted tops up high. In a neighbors dooryard there is a cocker killer I gotta get too, but I have high hopes of the winds helpin' on that one.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 03-26-2010, 12:33 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiogooroo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunrider

I can't imagine how all of these bones could have been broken ???

A few of them were from a police brutality case. I got a large enough settlement to pay off my house and buy my first Nomad, so it wasn't so bad. If it had happened now, there would be some video floating around of it somewhere, but back then... no video.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-26-2010, 12:35 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Lund
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiogooroo

A few of them were from a police brutality case. I got a large enough settlement to pay off my house and buy my first Nomad, so it wasn't so bad. If it had happened now, there would be some video floating around of it somewhere, but back then... no video.

Just Kidding!!

All but four of them were from one motorcycle accident where a car turned left in front of me, and I went up over the traffic lights and down onto the sidewalk, breaking a lot of bones in the process, including the back.

The other four were done one at a time in various ways.

Old 03-26-2010, 03:38 PM   #22

I don't feel worthy.

Radius ulna right arm motorcycle
Right clavicle broke clean motorcycle
Disclocation left clavicle football
Torn ligaments right ankle basketball
Torn miniscus in right knee who knows when.
Torn bicep left arm as well as labrum in eft shoulder lifting weights
Torn ligaments left ankle motorcycle.

After reading your injuries I feel blessed.

HEAL WELL and TAKE YOUR TIME.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:04 PM   #23
Sr. Contributor

Geeze the cops put a hard thumoin on you I guess. They used to do that to me, for the crime of long hairs. They said they were looking fir drugs, as the excuse. I would bet picked up, cuffed, then chained to steel rail in the cop shop garage going up the stairs, and take my beating like a man at 14,15, 16 and 17. Not a whimper, by the same cop over years.

The day came i left the area for my own reasons, but then a day came where I went back. That cop was retired at that point, but I heard he was very ill with donuts disease (sugar).

Ran into him in a place called the B&E a sort of cop hangout, and i bought him a black coffee with 4 table sppons of sigar and a very buttered hot blue berry muffin, sat right down and said Hi Harry, remember me?, here's a bite to eat

I still got the long hairs too. The later 60's and early 70's were not a good time to have much hair. I took a lot of beatings for that, never one on one. Other cops would in other places would watch and do nothing, unless I was winning. I could sort of deal and dish out some of my own in 2 or 3 against me, but more than that and i got what was coming.

I see better now Dan... Dan???? You sure you weren't tryin' ta' fly? You ain't got any leedle feathers do ya?

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it