Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 12-07-2012, 10:29 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by creed View Post
I did same mod this summer, dual kit, very nice product from Chuckster. You may find that, with the stock plumbing/IACS gone, cold starting is more of an issue -- so I just pull out the "choke" valve on the left side of the engine for a short time. Not a true choke, just increases the rpms at idle and allows the bike to warm up. Also, I did find that mpg decreased, but worth it IMO.
I tried this and it worked like a charm. It raises the idle just a little and keeps you from havin to bugger the advance from cold to warm settings.

http://www.gadgetjq.com/cold_idle_fix.htm
VulcanBagger #01711, VRA/GA VRA, SCRC,
VROC #29671, AMA #1085989,
Red Knights MC GA-18 Pres, PGR

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-07-2012, 11:50 PM   #17

I started bass-ackward? Put on a single plate from Chuckster 2 weeks ago.....still stock exhaust with no programmer. Did it for the looks for now as much as anything. Now reminds me of my '74 Buick when we used to turn the air cleaner lid over........really sux the air. Still gettin 40 mpg.

Old 12-08-2012, 04:12 AM   #18

Well you will have to Vision some things for it and see what comes of it. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post
I no longer own a Nomad so none of Joes (Chucksters) products would do me any good but if he made something for the Vision (and I almost wish he would), I'd buy from him. Great guy, great prices, great shipping.
2010 Voyager (Blue/Silver)sold
2001 Nomad (gone, but not forgotten)

www.chucksterscustoms.com

Old 12-08-2012, 07:11 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudd View Post
I started bass-ackward? Put on a single plate from Chuckster 2 weeks ago.....still stock exhaust with no programmer. Did it for the looks for now as much as anything. Now reminds me of my '74 Buick when we used to turn the air cleaner lid over........really sux the air. Still gettin 40 mpg.
Nah, no wrong order. I think the fuel processor will affect mileage more than anything.

I hadnt thought about doing that in years. Whenever me and my Moms 68 Buick LeSabre left the house on Fri/Sat night the air cleaner got flipped over. You're right, an 8 cyl 4 bbl really sux. A couple of times I forgot to flip it back. She would get back in it the next day and tell me something was broken. I would go out and "fix" it. Sorry Mom.
VulcanBagger #01711, VRA/GA VRA, SCRC,
VROC #29671, AMA #1085989,
Red Knights MC GA-18 Pres, PGR