Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 02-21-2010, 09:10 PM   #1

Need help from members in Kentucky

Hi Guys & Girls
I was loking for some input from anyone that may live or is familiar with the Louisville Kentucky area.

My daughter has been accepted at Bellarmine University (their Nursing School) and is pretty excited. The school is in the "Highland" neighborhood. Here is a link to a map.

http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GGIT_en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=bellarmine+university&fb=1&gl=us&hq=bellar mine+university&hnear=Louisville,+KY&cid=0,0,65697 05797349166781&ei=FueBS-X2JY-esgO2xonyAw&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image& resnum=1&ved=0CAsQnwIwAA

She will start in May so we need to get her set up in living quarters pretty quick. We are not sure if she will be living on campus or off campus yet. I am hoping someone might be able to tell me if the campus is in a "good" area or not and anything else you might be able to volunteer about the immediate area.

If she does not stay on campus can you recommend an area not too far away (10-15 min drive ) that may have decent rentals (apartments, duplexes, etc).

Any help would be appreciated...we are 2000 miles away.

Thanks
Greg
VBA #659
2003 Nomad 1500 (Gone but never forgotten)
2005 Honda ST1300 - Sweet and still kickin
2006 Honda Goldwing - Best Boat in the Marina

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-21-2010, 10:14 PM   #2

I am not from KY but I have a good friend that has lived in Louisville all his life and if it is OK with you I will forward him your message and see if he can help. You can pm me with your phone number and I will call you are maybe have him call you are you on face book if so maybe I can hook you up with him on there.

Old 02-22-2010, 10:33 AM   #3

Hello, I live right outside of the louisville area and can give you some input. As for the area that Bellarmine is located is really good area and somewhat of older part of the louisville area. I would be fine allowing my daughter to go to school there as long as she lived on campus or fairly close to it. As for close rental properties I am not aware of any but most of the houses close to the school are older big houses so she would probably want to have a roommate or two lined up to split the cost. I hope this helps you out and if you have any other questions feel free to let me know.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:03 AM   #4

Thanks to both of you.
Oldbikers........Man I really appreciate the effort!!!!! Our members are amazing.
I will PM you my phone and email address and yes feel free to have your friend contact me.

1badnomad......thanks......you said the words I was hoping to hear. I realize every city has its bad areas and finding good pockets is the key. But hearing a unbiased opinion sure helps.
Thanks again!
VBA #659

Old 02-22-2010, 04:04 PM   #5

Greg
I live in Louisville and work about 1 mile from Bellermine. My wife had her 2yr. degree in nursing and went back a few years ago and got her bachelors in nursing at Bellermine its a great school. Like a previous post said it is surrounded by older houses on 3 sides (not run down old, but high dollar old) and a park across the road in front. It is about as safe an area as you will find in most towns. There are tons of places within a 10 min drive. She would probably be better of staying on campus the first semester and get a feel for the type area she wants to live in. Also will give her a chance to meet perspective roommates if she does not want to live alone. If you got any questions email me and I'll give you my cell to give me a call.

Keith

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-22-2010, 09:34 PM   #6

Keith,

Thanks for your input. It sounds like a good school and area after hearing all the opinions I can find.

So is your wife an RN or ?? at a local hospital? I can sure tell my daughter is going to like Kentucky....look at all the nice people we now know!

Thanks alot! Greg

Jim,

Wow that PM was sure nice of you and your friends. She may end up living on campus but if not, I will certainly give your friend a call. Thanks again for all the input and effort. If I can ever help you or your friend out here please don't hesitate to contact me.

Greg
VBA #659

Old 02-23-2010, 03:12 PM   #7

Greg

My wife is a(RN,C,NE-C,BSN) nurse manager at one of the hospitals in Louisville.
Don't know what the initials all stand for just got them off her business card.
Just curious how your daughter picked Bellermine if you live a few time zones away?