Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 03-17-2019, 04:52 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2breaker View Post
I put in an led bulb 2 years ago. It was called a Hikari Led bulb. It was on Amazon and is now listed as an Amazon Choice product. I have them in my Jeep and my other motorcycle. They always work and are as bright as any other led light I have ever seen. I constantly get flashed because people think the brights are on. And that is good. If they see me they have less of a chance of killing me. I also used the Hikari bulbs for the passing lights. So very bright. I would never consider getting a lamp when the bulb is so excellent.
I totally understand your opinion, But if you have ever been blinded by another vehicles lights then you must understand how they feel when you drive by. this is why I am looking for a better solution. The bulbs do not always reflect correctly for the base they sit in. My particular Led bulb will not let me see very far on low beam , yet it is bright as hell and High is to high to be useful. So neither position gives me a clear line of sight regardless of my adjustments. Useless to my safety.

2016 1700 Vaquero 10/4/2016
2007 1500 Classic W/ Reckless Fairing, 42,000 miles
2004 600 Honda Shadow 18,000 miles
1989 500 Honda CX Custom 55,000 miles
1973 400 Kawi Triple 5,000 miles

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-18-2019, 09:35 AM   #17

Does anyone know if the headlight adapters will work with the earlier model nomads? I have a 2003 1500 and if there is a bolt on adapter then I would prefer that over modifying to make a light work.

Old 04-23-2019, 11:33 AM   #18

I'm gonna Guess - No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackavie View Post
Does anyone know if the headlight adapters will work with the earlier model nomads? I have a 2003 1500 and if there is a bolt on adapter then I would prefer that over modifying to make a light work.
The Voyager / Vaquero light mount to the Fairing is totally different than on earlier non-fairing Vulcans.