Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > SouthCentral Group

Old 10-03-2010, 07:35 PM   #16

Home from Antlers

Made it home finally and then the modem wasn't working.
We took the scenic route home, took Gina over the byway (again) then to Lum & Abners (that was another hour ::)) we got home about 5pm.
As always had a great time. Really enjoyed meeting new friends and seeing the old ones again. If you weren't there you missed out, this is one that should be on every South Central members schedule. Looking forward to the next time.
Thanks Watchman for impromptu KNOW session, you just never know when a situation will arise. ;)
VBA #628
IBA #54485

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-03-2010, 07:53 PM   #17

Home from Antlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper
Got home Friday at about 4:30. Thanks everyone for your hospitality. Sorry about having to leave early. I can't wait to do it again.

Kip
Kip,
Ann kept asking me if I had added TX to our states map. I thought I would remind you that you can add AR and OK now.

And what a great excuse to get to my 300th post.
2008 Red/Black Nomad - Traded at 29500 miles

Old 10-03-2010, 08:13 PM   #18

Home from Antlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by petenomad
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper
Got home Friday at about 4:30. Thanks everyone for your hospitality. Sorry about having to leave early. I can't wait to do it again.

Kip
Kip,
Ann kept asking me if I had added TX to our states map. I thought I would remind you that you can add AR and OK now.

And what a great excuse to get to my 300th post.

Fixed it, thanks.

Kip

Old 10-03-2010, 08:52 PM   #19

Home from Antlers

Cheryl and I made it home safe about 1pm. We haven't always made it home safe so it is nice to report that.

Can't say it any better than the rest have. Victor, Katy, and family were/are the best. How could anyone top all they did for us? The BBQ was fantastic and quite sure it is the best I have ever had, anywhere. I lost count on the bowls of chili I had, then learned it was deer meat. And I thought I didn't like venison. Thanks to Dave for his effort and contribution to the rally. And finally thanks to everyone for being so friendly and fun to be with. We had a great time.

Word is getting out that this rally is one you don't want to miss. It seems to be doubling in size every year.

Old 10-03-2010, 09:01 PM   #20
Advanced Member

Home from Antlers

Thanks so much for the kind words everyone, we are so glad you all enjoyed it. We have begun the plans for next year and we are considering of beginning another rally or ride

Victor "Nightmare" Golubowsky
Moyers, Ok
Kawanow/VBA # 304
Patriot Guard
VROC
OKVROC

2001 Kawasaki Nomad Turbo
1998 Harley Sportster Hardtail Bobber Custom
1983 Kawasaki GPZ 550

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-04-2010, 12:46 PM   #21

Home from Antlers

I arrived home around 1230 hrs this day. No problems on trip home. It was 34 degrees when I hit the road this AM. Total miles round tip - 2050.

I would like to thank Vic and Katy and their family for hosting an outstanding rally and making me (all of us) feel like family. What a great time

If this rally is held next year, I am going to make it two in a row

Old 10-04-2010, 12:54 PM   #22

Home from Antlers

I can forsee Vic's rally turning into a National Rally in the future. It's that good!

2016 Electra Glide Ultra Limited CVO
Palladium Silver / Phantom Blue
110 cu in SE

2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited (Traded 6/22/16)
Tequila Sunrise / HD Orange
Vance & Hines true dual headers
Rinehart 4" slip ons
Screamin Eagle Super Tuner
Screamin Eagle Stage 1 intake
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

2007 Nomad 1600 (Traded 6/23/12)
VBA #482

Old 10-04-2010, 02:33 PM   #23
Advanced Member

Home from Antlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by usranger74
I arrived home around 1230 hrs this day. No problems on trip home. It was 34 degrees when I hit the road this AM. Total miles round tip - 2050.

I would like to thank Vic and Katy and their family for hosting an outstanding rally and making me (all of us) feel like family. What a great time

If this rally is held next year, I am going to make it two in a row
Glad you made it home safe Bill, and yes it will be held every year, so plan on it.

Moyers, Ok
Kawanow/VBA # 304
Patriot Guard
VROC
OKVROC

1983 Kawasaki GPZ 550

Old 10-04-2010, 04:39 PM   #24

Home from Antlers

I’m home. Only live 220 miles away, so it wasn’t a long trip. This was my first ever bike rally/party. I have been on a couple of runs before, but nothing like this. Surprisingly to me, I actually learned quite a bit and I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to doing more events like it.

Things I learned at Nightmare’s Fall Rally

1) Sitting on Mitch’s seat will cost you between $350-$1000 (Russell day long costs)

2) It will be expensive. Not for the food, or the hotel, but in the cost of new parts and pieces that others have that you realize YOU must have too.

3) Victor can whip up some mean BBQ.

4) No matter how tender it is, cutting brisket with a plastic spoon isn’t easy.

5) If you claim to have seen bears on Hwy 1, better have pictures or prepare to answer the “fish story” allegations.

6) Eastern Oklahoma is nothing like the rest of the state.

7) Carry a fold up chair.

8) Everyone was extremely helpful. It’s amazing really. Go up to someone and ask about a mod, and most would cover that in depth with you. Freely giving advice, pointers, good deals, etc. Going so far as to offer to remove parts to show you some things.

9) A “Mitch’s marble” will fix approximately 75% of your backfiring.

10) Cruising with a lot of like bikes is better than going with a mixed bag. Less shifting of gears, etc.

11) You’d be hard pressed to find a greater bunch of people.

12) The Antlers Deer festival seems to be more about raising money for various charities than about deer.

13) A Bear carved from a tree with a chainsaw holding a “Welcome” sign was actually interesting. I’d have bought one if I was in my pick-up.

And finally-If you go with a knuckleheaded friend who is a diabetic, and is bad at managing it, let someone know before you run off to eat when he’s about to drop. Or be prepared to feel like an ass when everyone else comes into the same place just 10-15 minutes later. I already apologized to Victor for this mistake, and I hope that the rest of you will accept my humble apology.
86 Kawasaki 454 LTD
VBA member #1578
HOG Member #4541840
AMA Member # 2700186

Old 10-04-2010, 05:57 PM   #25

Home from Antlers

There is no apology needed. It was great meeting and talking to you sure hope we get a chance to do it again.

Old 10-04-2010, 06:33 PM   #26

Home from Antlers

Chuck, I agree I learn a lot from these in addition to having an absolutely great time.
2008 Red/Black Nomad - Traded at 29500 miles

Old 10-04-2010, 07:20 PM   #27

Home from Antlers

Liz and I got home about 3:15 today. I started the morning by tighting the clamps on the pipe while everything was cold. Patch held up extremely well. Spent last night in Boliver, MO at the Speedway Inn. It was the cleanest motel I think I have ever stayed at. Left this morning around 9:45 after wiping ice off the bikes from where the dew had froze. We rode north on MO hwy 13 to hwy 24 and east to get some apples and cider at the orchards near Dover. Home was great to see even if the yard needs mowing.

I hope no-one ever has to use the things they learned in my KNOW session but at least you now know how to if you have to. Thanks to Gene for the cloths hanger idea it worked great. And to Mitch for the Tomato Paste can part. I plan to tear everything apart tomorrow and decide if I am ordering a new pipe or welding up this one. I still can't believe my luck, three sets of Vance and Hines baggers and everyone breaking at the same place.

Anyway as usual we had a great time. Thanks to Victor and Katy for all they did it really makes us feel welcome and at home. We certernly enjoyed being with everyone both old friends and new ones. Till next time.

Jim and Liz

Old 10-04-2010, 09:40 PM   #28
Advanced Member

Home from Antlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucks1911
I’m home. Only live 220 miles away, so it wasn’t a long trip. This was my first ever bike rally/party. I have been on a couple of runs before, but nothing like this. Surprisingly to me, I actually learned quite a bit and I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to doing more events like it.

Things I learned at Nightmare’s Fall Rally

1) Sitting on Mitch’s seat will cost you between $350-$1000 (Russell day long costs)

2) It will be expensive. Not for the food, or the hotel, but in the cost of new parts and pieces that others have that you realize YOU must have too.

3) Victor can whip up some mean BBQ.

4) No matter how tender it is, cutting brisket with a plastic spoon isn’t easy.

5) If you claim to have seen bears on Hwy 1, better have pictures or prepare to answer the “fish story” allegations.

6) Eastern Oklahoma is nothing like the rest of the state.

7) Carry a fold up chair.

8) Everyone was extremely helpful. It’s amazing really. Go up to someone and ask about a mod, and most would cover that in depth with you. Freely giving advice, pointers, good deals, etc. Going so far as to offer to remove parts to show you some things.

9) A “Mitch’s marble” will fix approximately 75% of your backfiring.

10) Cruising with a lot of like bikes is better than going with a mixed bag. Less shifting of gears, etc.

11) You’d be hard pressed to find a greater bunch of people.

12) The Antlers Deer festival seems to be more about raising money for various charities than about deer.

13) A Bear carved from a tree with a chainsaw holding a “Welcome” sign was actually interesting. I’d have bought one if I was in my pick-up.

And finally-If you go with a knuckleheaded friend who is a diabetic, and is bad at managing it, let someone know before you run off to eat when he’s about to drop. Or be prepared to feel like an ass when everyone else comes into the same place just 10-15 minutes later. I already apologized to Victor for this mistake, and I hope that the rest of you will accept my humble apology.

No need to apologize my friend, both of you are welcome at any event i plan, just wish we had more time together, will see you next time

Moyers, Ok
Kawanow/VBA # 304
Patriot Guard
VROC
OKVROC

1983 Kawasaki GPZ 550

Old 10-04-2010, 09:44 PM   #29
Advanced Member

Home from Antlers

Jim and Liz glad you all made it home ok and the rigging held, can't wait to get together again

Moyers, Ok
Kawanow/VBA # 304
Patriot Guard
VROC
OKVROC

1983 Kawasaki GPZ 550