Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 11-07-2020, 01:22 PM   #1

Question 6 speed signage beside shifter

Hello all. I have a 2015 Vaquero and I suppose it is the way I shift however I have boot marks and rub marks on the badge/decal. Can anyone tell me if these are decals or badges and are they glued on and does Kawi sell replacement ones. Thanks in advance.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-07-2020, 01:34 PM   #2

They will sell you a decal set, not a individual decal usually....unless your close with a district manager....
Yes. like a decal....a good decal remover spray and a little fiddling and it'll come off....

---------------------
Don't start no schit,
there won't be no schit....
*My Sarcasm is directly proportional
to the amount of Stupidity involved*
---------------------
VBA#03239
VROC#37400

VRA
---------------------
2014 Vaquero
2001 Nomad FI
2003 Street Glide (sold)
1500 Meanie, fresh rebuild (sold)
90s BUBF Bobber (sold)
2001 UltraCycle FatPounder (Sold)
1975 HD ElectraGlide (Sold)
1982 Kawasaki Z1 Chopper (Sold)
Suck It Up & Ride!

Old 11-07-2020, 03:40 PM   #3

Thanks Dragon Lady58. I know I had the same problem with my Nomad but it was a metal backed decal and had to be heated with a hair dryer to get it off and this one is different. I managed to get that one on warranty even though the warranty was over. Totally shocked that they wouldn't sell me an individual decal though LOL

Old 11-11-2020, 11:52 AM   #4
Advanced Member

That badge can be very carefully pried off with a start from a flat and sharp blade screwdriver. it is held on by a sticky glue. Then proceed to meticulously peel it off the grid. You can then clean off the back using a solvent and a rag. I would then buff off the surface with like a real fine steel wool pad until it becomes smooth then shoot it with some good heat resistance flat black spray paint, then smear some good super glue on the back of the badge and place it back on again. A simple and economical alternative.
Chuckster's tear drop intake, Freedom true dual racing exhaust, Ivan flash, Clearview windscreen, Corbin gunfighter seat, Clockwerk's hugger style front fender, Kawasaki KQR backrest and luggage rack, kuryakyn iso grips and rear passenger boards, front highway pegs, revolutionspeed clutch and primary covers and reservoir and switch box covers and Kuryakyn skeleton rearview mirrors.

Old 11-11-2020, 08:22 PM   #5

Thanks for the tips hlknvlcn60. I will have to look closer at it. A simple and economical alternative is always worth looking at.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-12-2020, 11:58 AM   #6
Advanced Member

You are welcome ballbreaker! Good luck with that.
Chuckster's tear drop intake, Freedom true dual racing exhaust, Ivan flash, Clearview windscreen, Corbin gunfighter seat, Clockwerk's hugger style front fender, Kawasaki KQR backrest and luggage rack, kuryakyn iso grips and rear passenger boards, front highway pegs, revolutionspeed clutch and primary covers and reservoir and switch box covers and Kuryakyn skeleton rearview mirrors.