Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 08-14-2020, 08:48 PM   #1

Heated Grips

I bought the Show Chrome Inferno heated grips. The website said it would fit my Vaquero. The Goldwing set was sent to me but I Quickly realized it was perfect. There are two indents on the inside of the throttle grip that fit onto the Existing throttle After the rubber is cut off. It is great because if the glue ever goes bad then the indents will prevent the grip from sliding. These have a vibration sensor that kills the power after 2 mins of no vibration. These are very very warm. I tested it at night at about 75 degrees and the grips were so warm that I had to move my hand away because it was starting to burn just a little. It has 6 temp settings. These were a risky buy because there are very few reviews anywhere but I had a good feeling from a couple of YouTube Videos. Time will tell but I think I hit a homer on this one.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-15-2020, 06:08 PM   #2

Nice, Auto turn off. I did not have that on my 1500 classic. I had to cut the hell out of my stock handgrips, then the heated grips became slippery after 5 years. I think my next ones will be the wrap over the grip type.

Have you thought of these to add to the heated grips?
Hand guards.jpg

If so there is a specific nut that you can use to make them work way better to tighten. "BonVoyager" turned me on to it.

2016 1700 Vaquero 10/4/2016
2007 1500 Classic W/ Reckless Fairing, 42,000 miles
2004 600 Honda Shadow 18,000 miles
1989 500 Honda CX Custom 55,000 miles
1973 400 Kawi Triple 5,000 miles

Tags
grips, handlebar, heated