Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Images & Video

Old 01-27-2016, 09:43 PM   #1

2009 kawasaki vulcan nomad 1700 russle daylong seat and accessories

WOW been a long haul but think I have it done to the 9's. I think it is a pretty baby.

Throttle Mod
Kawasaki Fire and Steel Headlight and driving light visors
Kawasaki Fire and Steel Driving Lights
Kawasaki Fire and Steel Front Fender Bumper
Kawasaki Fire and Steel Caliper Chrome
Kawasaki Fire and Steel Luggage Rack
Kawasaki Fire and Steel Speed O Meter Viser
Kawasaki Fire and Steel Engine Cover Chrome
Kawasaki Vulcan Emblem on Passenger Backrest
Kawasaki Bag Liners
Kawasaki Chrome rear floor board covers
Barrons Multi Color Tach
Kurayakyn Cruiser Pegs
Kurayakyn Chrome Licience Plate Holder
Leader Motorcycle Mounts-GPS, GoPro Camera Mount, USB Mounts, Cup Holder
3 Bag Leather Windshield Pouches
Michelin Commander 2 Tires
Dyna Beads Tire balance beads (dam these work well)
Russel Day Long Seats-passenger with backrest and driver with backrest and storage pouch, leather tops vinyl sides (leather will crack on the sides)
Chuckster trailer hitch-would not recommend McHitch. (I know I said in video it was a McHitch but is actually a Chuckster read below)
Reese trailer electrical plug for trailer
Openroad Relay Isolation Trailer wiring converter-(powers lights from battery does not draw power from your signal or tail or brake lights)
K & N Filters-(oil and air)
Power Commander
Extra Fuse Block-(run off switched power)
Cobra Tri Ovals Exhaust
Hid Headlight Conversion
Led Driving Light Conversion
Lees Ultra Light Burgandy Tent Trailer with all the accessories, front pod, wide tires, underneath storage pod, matress, swivel couple and awning. (Best tent trailer on the market sets up in less than a minute and that is a fact jack)
Nolan Helmets with N-Com Sound System
GPS Garman 660LM
Dip Stick Temperature Guage
2 Heavey Duty Magnetic Drain Plugs
Dowco Motorcyle Cover
EBC Sintered Brake Pads (need this for trailer stopping power greatly improved)

I endorse Amsoil Motorcyle oils.

Did a complete flush of clutch and brake fluid lines this winter wow what garbage came out of those will do more often. I also changed the anti freeze this winter was not bad at all really but did it anyways. Only maintenance on bike I see up coming I want to do is change fork fluid sometime soon and seals and so on. They seem ok still just one of those things I guess you want to do. Have changed spark plugs this season also to factory plugs.

Otherwise the bike has been awesome I really enjoy it. Only fault I find with this bike is the weight. I am 60 and it is a heavy bike at slow speeds parking lot. Top heavy really. I love the back fires once and awhile little old school there I guess. It is not a perfect bike in build that is for sure but I enjoy some of the faults. Makes it more fun to ride if it was perfect would be boring as hell. Compared to a Gold Wing I love it better now you may find that odd to say at cost of wings and so on here is reason why. I hate a faring now I love the bit of wind in my bald head. When around semi trucks passing you there is no buffeting I do not feel the wind turbulence on this bike at all even in strong cross winds. The wing was a horror story with semi trucks and high cross winds. The seating is better with the Russel Day Long. I can work on it easier do not have to tear the bike completely apart to get a one darn little screw take off so much plastic. I love my N-Com sound system as hate to disturb others music should be for my pleasure not someone a mile away from me.

I love the sound mostly big V twin even with the pops and back fires and farts. It makes it a bikers dream. Best I love that it has limited accessories you can put on it and you might find that crazy to say. If it had a accessory list a mile long by what I have bought and I think I am pretty well complete I would probably buy it and you would find me in an alley or beneath a bridge drinking some pretty bad wine as I would be broke. Just the way I am I know no bounds. Crazy I know.

In video I made a mistake I said the hitch on bike was a McHitch and it is actually a Chuckster. I preferred this Hitch over a McHitch as mounts lower on bike so in sudden panic stop would not push upwards on rear of bike. It mounts straight to bottom below mufflers very solidly. I also found McHitch was not easy to deal with would not recommend this company personally. The Chuckster was shipped promptly and quickly and great packaging. Has powder coated parts nicely done. Works for me.

I should mention the trailer a bit. As stated above sets up in less than a minute and enough storage for me. It pulls like a dream you do not know really it is back there other than this and I tell no lies. Braking power is greatly reduced so keep back from anyone. You also feel a drain on your power band of bike the weight is there for sure. I thought he was gouging at price he asks for these trailers and do not think that any more. If you look at all the double stitching in tent material how time consuming labor wise it must be to do that. The smooth perfect fibreglass trailer no flaws and the powder coated frame you will shortly realize how much quality Les's Leasure Lite Trailers put into this product. How well thought out it is in every aspect and this I can not find a fault with at all it is perfect tent trailer for one or two. It really is large inside you do not feel cramped. Well done for sure.

I think that is all folks. You know with all the upgrades I have done the simple thing of taking a drill bit moving my helmet locks to the luggage rack which came to me I believe in a dream was one of the best. So simple but a great position for it and now have a hanger for my leather jacket also.

If anything sparks your interest of what I have done well write me leave me a message be glad to help you out.

Awe is not life grand.

Recorded with GOPRO 3+Black

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by buckey1313; 01-29-2016 at 12:04 AM.

Old 01-27-2016, 10:43 PM   #2
Advanced Member

Nice Bike and a major list of upgrades! Boy, looking at the Russell Daylong seat just got me even more excited for mine to get here Friday. I had the front and rear seat upgraded as well as the passenger backrest covered. I may upgrade the drivers backrest before having it recover.

Patriot Guard Riders
Sons Of Liberty Riders Alabama Road Captain
2015 Voyager
2003 1500 NOMAD FI sold 6/19
VBA #2993
RUSSELL DAYLONG SEATS ROCK!!
DAMMIT TOOL:
Any handy tool that you grab and throw across the garage while yelling "DAMMIT" at the top of your lungs

There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.

SO MANY ROADS,
SO LITTLE TIME.

Old 01-27-2016, 11:14 PM   #3

You will never believe what a russel does until you own one. The others are you must admit off the shelf not made for you seats made for every one not exactly you. They use different type cell technology in the foam they use layers of it to make it work just for you there is allot more that goes into a Russel than any other seat available in the market place I swear by them.

Hey let me know how you love the Russel as I am interested.

Old 01-27-2016, 11:26 PM   #4

Nice Video. Nice Bike. Nice Upgrades.

Old 01-28-2016, 08:56 AM   #5

Great write-up and video. You really have to appreciate someone who takes great pride in their ride.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-28-2016, 12:43 PM   #6

Great write up and video, thanks for sharing

2005 Vulcan Nomad Sold
2006 Honda 1800 VTX (Freebie) Sold
2008 Harley Ultra Classic Sold
2001 Harley Ultra Classic Sold

Hangtown, Kalifornia

VBA #2625

Old 01-28-2016, 05:22 PM   #7
Top Contributor

VN 800 A - VN 900 Classic
VN 1700 Vaquero

Usque ad finem.

Old 01-31-2016, 12:26 PM   #8
Advanced Member

Nice job Dave. I kept waiting for you to say "eh" but didn't hear it.

It's most odd that you're not knee deep in snow. I thought that was the norm up in the Great White North. I started to type "hope to see you when I ride through this summer" but then realized how far north you are. I'll be passing through Calgary and then on east.

Looks great.

Old 02-01-2016, 03:04 AM   #9

Thanks Mike and all you above for the awesome comments eh. I really appreciate them allot. If you do make it to the area let me know.

Dave