Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 03-22-2015, 01:41 PM   #1

crazy No Turn Signals After Fuel Processor and Horn Install

Hopefully someone has dealt with this. I installed a Cobra FI2000R PowerPro fuel processor and a Wolo Horn (using the relay wiring kit of course) on my 10 Nomad. Everything went fine but when I went for a test ride I had no turn signals. They are not blinking at the turn signal lights or the console. However the emergency flashers, brakes, low and high beams, auxiliary circuit are all fine. The rest of the console appears normal including blinking with the emergency blinkers.

I suspect I may have disconnected something under the tank or around it like maybe whatever detects a turn for the automatic turn signal shut off. I did not remove the tank just removed the console and propped it up to install the injector plugs and run wires for the Wolo. Maybe something back near the battery, blew a fuse, ????? Everything else including the fuel proc and horn seem great.

Thought I would ask before I go digging. Appreciate any help.

P.S. The other bummer was the V&H slip-ons I ordered arrived damaged in shipping. Three very obvious dings in the rear area on the slash cuts. Return.
VBA #01813

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-22-2015, 01:59 PM   #2

Well, actually I do have turn signals; sort of. I guess I did not realize while I was riding that they come on briefly. I tested in the garage just in the aux position. If I hold the button they come on. Sometimes they will go off when I release and other times they stay on.

I noticed the button appears to be almost stiff or "gummy"; like the button is all gummed up with junk. So this actually now appears to be a coincidental turn sign button issue.

Has anyone had that issue and know of a way to clean it up?
VBA #01813

Old 03-22-2015, 02:17 PM   #3

SOLVED! Sure enough the button was just sticky or gummed up.

Solution: Two VERY BRIEF squirts of contact cleaner in either side of the turn signal button in the slot where the post protrudes. With the first squirt it was already better. Even better with the second. Now it feels like it came from the factory.

Let me know if anyone has questions.
VBA #01813