Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > NorthEast Group

Old 07-31-2013, 01:42 PM   #16

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by HwyRider View Post
Just curious about this section.

There haven't been any posts to it since July of 2012.
You wanted some activity, now by guide you got some.

All you gotta do is ax.

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-31-2013, 02:54 PM   #17
Sr. Contributor

Maybe we should go back to the regional boards.
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Old 07-31-2013, 04:11 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netnorske View Post
Before we switched to the new forum....there was no "todays posts" button. Posts were not listed in a way where everything posted was viewable on one list. If you wanted to see what was in a particular board, you actually had to go to that particular forum board. Hence....people would regularly check into their Regional boards and post stuff among their local members. If I wanted to read or post in your NE board....I first had to "click" on your NE forum board as it was not viewable any other way.

When the new forum came around, everything posted goes on one list. Click on "todays posts" and you see all the things posted, with their related forum boards indicated on the right. However, you do not need to go to any particular board to see what was posted or to respond, its right there. Hence, no reason to ever have to "click" on a Regional forum...just on "todays posts".

I said then and have since been proven correct, that the main forum in its new (current) form would effectively result in the death of the Regional Boards, but everyone poo-pooed me. I haven't seen a post in the NW board since Clinton was President (or so it seems) and we used to post there all the time, as did most other Regional boards. Not so anymore. Does that help Tim?
Yes Kris, I remembered you said something back then about the regional boards becoming extinct but didn't remember why.
I guess I am guilty of helping it go in that direction as I never go to our regional board.
I just click on New Posts each day. Pretty bad for an assistant regional leader huh
Well actually it does not matter if I go there or not. Fish and CNC are leaders of Northeast USA and Northeast Canada boards.
They are a great team and very seldom do I have to do anything except say "yes guys, I agree"
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 07-31-2013, 04:14 PM   #19
Top Contributor

I gave you a good job didn't I Tim :)

Old 07-31-2013, 05:38 PM   #20

Tim procures banners, beer, and pizza. I'd say that's an extremely important job.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-31-2013, 08:36 PM   #21
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc View Post
Kris, if I remember correctly you also mention back then that because of the link the regional boards were being ill used and anything was being posted there instead of just regional stuff by regional members. At least they were being used was / is my opinion.

We do have dry moments of region related stuff on our Canada east board, but it has always been my philosophy that anyone is free to join in on a thread or post there if they so wish regardless of the topic.
For sure everyone was always welcome to post on any particular thread....but you first had to purposefully go to that forum board to do so. Nobody would know what was being said or posted in the South Central Region unless you clicked on their board first. All the NW guys (and I'm sure the other regions members too) would regularly go into their Regional boards and plan little get-togethers or what not that really did not concern members of the other regions and allowed for the local members to really get to know each other better.

That has all been lost now...because any post meant for local discussion only instantly becomes part of the National forum by means of the "Todays Posts" list. I'm not saying that is good or bad....but for sure it is different, and the Region boards certainly no longer work as they were initially intended. Therefore, they have become obsolete in regard to their original purpose. No longer is each Region a COMPLETELY SEPERATE forum. Now...everything is just one big bowl of Jambalya....

I lobbied hard to keep the Region boards COMPLETELY SEPERATE when we moved to this new venue so as not to lose that ability to keep the local stuff local...but nobody wanted to listen. The VMC (Victory Motorcycle Club) forum has seperate forum boards for their local chapters that are completely independent of the main National board....something we had here until we changed venues. Oh well....it is what it is....but when I first read this thread I have to admit, I found myself fired up all over again....!! Not everyone got what I was saying at the time....but I think now that time has passed and the Regional boards have been relegated to rotary phone status...I think my message is probably better understood.
VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016

Old 07-31-2013, 10:34 PM   #22
Sr. Contributor

Telephone

A Kansas farm wife called the local phone company to report her telephone failed to ring when her friends called - and that on the few occasions, when it did ring, her dog always moaned right before the phone rang.

The telephone repairman proceeded to the scene, curious to see this psychic dog or senile lady. He climbed a telephone pole, hooked in his test set, and dialed the subscriber's house.

The phone didn't ring right away, but then the dog moaned and the telephone began to ring.

Climbing down from the pole, the telephone repairman found:

1 . The dog was tied to the telephone system's ground wire with a steel chain and collar.

2. The wire connection to the ground rod was loose.

3. The dog was receiving 90 volts of signaling current when the number was called.

4.. After a couple of jolts, the dog would start moaning and then urinate.

5. The wet ground would complete the circuit, thus causing the phone to ring.

Which demonstrates that some problems CAN be fixed by pissing and moaning.

Thought you'd like to know

Old 07-31-2013, 10:54 PM   #23

I'm curious, perhaps the original poster could clarify what he meant by no posts since July 2012. Seems to me there have been several posts here lately some started just a few days before this one.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 07-31-2013, 10:59 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loafer View Post
Telephone

A Kansas farm wife called the local phone company to report her telephone failed to ring when her friends called - and that on the few occasions, when it did ring, her dog always moaned right before the phone rang.

The telephone repairman proceeded to the scene, curious to see this psychic dog or senile lady. He climbed a telephone pole, hooked in his test set, and dialed the subscriber's house.

The phone didn't ring right away, but then the dog moaned and the telephone began to ring.

Climbing down from the pole, the telephone repairman found:

1 . The dog was tied to the telephone system's ground wire with a steel chain and collar.

2. The wire connection to the ground rod was loose.

3. The dog was receiving 90 volts of signaling current when the number was called.

4.. After a couple of jolts, the dog would start moaning and then urinate.

5. The wet ground would complete the circuit, thus causing the phone to ring.

Which demonstrates that some problems CAN be fixed by pissing and moaning.

Thought you'd like to know
Well that would sure put a wrinkle in your wizzer.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 07-31-2013, 11:07 PM   #25

I didn't see those posts when I was reading that forum. I need new glasses. I just got these ones and paid over 500.00 for them. I got screwed.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:20 PM   #26

Quote:
I didn't see those posts when I was reading that forum. I need new glasses. I just got these ones and paid over 500.00 for them. I got screwed.
Well I'd say you got double screwed, cause you can't even see who did you!
Anyway no worries on here, you gave it a bit of a jump start.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 08-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #27
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc View Post
I'm curious, perhaps the original poster could clarify what he meant by no posts since July 2012. Seems to me there have been several posts here lately some started just a few days before this one.
I prefer not to confuse things with facts. :)

Old 08-03-2013, 12:40 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezer View Post
I prefer not to confuse things with facts. :)
I've noticed that Bob.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 08-03-2013, 01:48 PM   #29

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
Quote:
My daddy told me what caused that and I kept on till I needed glasses. Later on when fine hairs stated growing in my palms, the activity skyrocketed!

I still cain't walk up or down a flight of stairs without falling down 'em.

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 08-03-2013, 02:17 PM   #30
Sr. Contributor

It's not the glasses fault you can't go up or down a flight of stairs without falling.
It's all those empty glasses you leave behind!