In Association with VBA Web : Memorial | Merchandise

Important Info : Please Read!
If this is your first visit to our new forum (est. 9.20.11) and you're already registered on the old forum, you'll have to request a new password in order to log in here. To do so, please Click Here and fill in the proper info. You must use the email address that you originally registered with on the old forum. You will then be emailed a new password (if you don't see it, please check your spam/junk folder). If you have any problems at all, please email us at mail@VulcanBagger.com. Thanks!

Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic > Lighter Side/Jokes
Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2008, 03:49 PM   #1

KawaNow Member Election Politics

My degree is in Sociology and that can be viewed as just looking and learning about the behaviors of groups of people.

Therefore, given all the 2008 election hype...I think it would be interesting to simply learn what political party the majority of KawaNow members "rally" around.

Hopefully you will find this interesting and not just a mud slinging or free for all...although a good muddy wrestling match can be hilarious and lots of fun too.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:14 PM   #2

This is hard for me to answer. I am generally conservative and have usually voted republican in the past but I just changed my registration to "unaffiliated" (not independant) because I want to vote for Obama in the upcoming primaries. I used to be WAY right wing and thought all democrats were "evil" but the more I listened to people like Rush the more I started questioning and I started noticing that the far right has many people who proclaim to be the good honest moral ones....... but often saw them not practicing what they were preaching. No offense to anyone just my observation. Participating in Bush's war really made me do some soul searching. I try to look at the candidate and not the party. I like Obama and Romney but I don't like Hillary or Huckabee. I think the electoral college needs to go BYE BYE.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:20 PM   #3

I agree with you WM on looking at the candidates individually and not having to be in a war. I did that for years too.

However, having been through too many lost jobs in CA due to the high cost of doing business here (read: taxes), I want to support those candidates that are pro business and have also fought in a war. After all, who do we get our paycheck money from and why do we want to put them out of business or send them to China? I think the war veterans are more likely to keep us out of conflict unless it's a last resort because they've been there.

That's where the Republicans come in for me. When everybody that wants to work has a job, we don't need excessive taxes to support the freeloaders.

Another major concern for me personally is with the anti gunners such as Obama, Clinton, etc.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 01-05-2008, 05:56 PM   #4

Old 01-05-2008, 06:10 PM   #5
Advanced Member

Send a message via MSN to donoller

we need change for sure now which do we vote for
Old 01-05-2008, 06:20 PM   #6
Top Contributor

maybe this will help http://www.kieskompas-usa.nl/
Old 01-05-2008, 06:46 PM   #7

Thanks beez very insightful
Old 01-05-2008, 07:02 PM   #8

Interesting.... I was all over the yard, but overall closest to Giuliani... furthest from Obama...
Old 01-05-2008, 08:21 PM   #9

Nico - you must have answered the same as me.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:49 PM   #10

Quote:
Nico - you must have answered the same as me.

Old 01-05-2008, 09:54 PM   #11

Hell it wont be long and we will have another Clinton getting oral sex from a female intern in the oval office :(
Old 01-05-2008, 10:19 PM   #12

Send a message via AIM to Idaho

I called myself an Independent. Started out Republican. Voted for more Democrats in Idaho than I ever thought I would mostly because the Republicans are so strong in this state that a turnipseed labeled a Republican will get elected. Scary. Not happy with any of them right now. Dems have gone off the deep end deamonizing Bush and the Republicans are spineless clods affraid to do what needs done. We should have a double tier fence, we should be drilling for oil in the Gulf of Mexico and ANWR, we should NOT be taxed to death. The good old gov'mint needs to get the Hell out of our lives.

Sorry, had to rant. I hung up on the RNC fundraiser last night and was not very nice.
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter
Old 01-05-2008, 10:59 PM   #13

Let's add Libertarian to the choices!

http://www.lp.org/
Old 01-06-2008, 06:03 PM   #14

Quote:
Let's add Libertarian to the choices!
http://www.lp.org/
I tried to modify the choices to add Libertarian it but it was not an option. I think the winds of change are definitely blowing. Unfortunately, for better or for worse is the true question.

I enjoyed the questionnaire Beezer...it was very interesting.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:50 PM   #15