Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 01-19-2014, 02:42 AM   #1

Turn signal lens size

I'm hoping one of you can do me a favor please, and measure the turn signal lens diameter on the US model Voyager / Vaquero?

I've gotten mid way through a little project to convert my front signals to clear lenses with switchback LED bulbs behind them... and have stalled completely when the clear lenses I had shipped from the only place I could find them (Germany) are just a little bit smaller than the orange lenses they're replacing.

The new clear lenses are 2 & 1/2 inches in diameter, while my OEM lenses are 2 & 3/4 inches. It's only a quarter of an inch in difference, but there's just no way those new lenses are going to fit.

So my plan B is going to be: Try to source a set of lens housings from a country where those smaller turn signals are used. I think my best chance is to find a 1700 rider in the US who has replaced one end or the other with LED's - if of course you have those smaller turn signals over there?

I know there have been more than a few Vaquero owners clean away the OEM signals in favor of hidden LED's, so if the US ones are the 2 & 1/2" size I'm looking for I'll go search the archives & PM a few of them to see if they'll part with their old housings.

Nothing screams poor workmanship like wrinkles in the duct tape
'02 1500 blonde Nomad (Sold) '97 800 burgundy Classic (Sold)

Login or Register to Remove Ads