Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada West Group

View Poll Results: Are you seriously thinking of attending the Orofino Rally
Yes I will attend 5 38.46%
No I will Not attend 1 7.69%
strong maybe 5 38.46%
weak maybe 2 15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-13-2014, 08:47 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckrider View Post
Here's my tentative plan for the trip there:
Saturday July 19 - Eagle Eye and I leave Calgary and head through the Crowsnest via Cranbrook and spend the night in Sandpoint.
Sunday July 20th - From Sandpoint south through Couer D'Alene and Plummer and then eastward through St.Maries and wander along Hwy 3 and perhaps 6 and eventually make our way to Clarkston for the night. (If you are in that area and don't ride the "old spiral highway" down into Lewiston you've missed one helluva ride!)
Monday July 21 - From Clarkston/Lewiston take a little day trip west along highway 12 through Pomeroy, Dayton and Waitsburg to Walla Walla. Have lunch there and trace our steps back to Lewiston (thought that Highway 128 looked interesting for the trip back but looks like the pavement runs out at a certain point) and then roll on into Orofino for the night.

Anyways, that's just my thoughts but I haven't run them past Eagle Eye yet. I've ridden through some of these areas and just can't wait to get back and explore these roads again. Anyone who wants to join up with us is welcome to come along for the ride.

This place had really good Cajun food when I rode through Waitsburg a couple years ago. Like a very shiny diamond in the rough!

http://m.singlepage.com/whoopemup-ho...ef=integration
VBA #659
2003 Nomad 1500 (Gone but never forgotten)
2005 Honda ST1300 - Sweet and still kickin
2006 Honda Goldwing - Best Boat in the Marina