Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 09-06-2008, 03:39 PM   #1

Nomads across USA and Canada

We have had some chatting going on in the Region Leader area of the forum about getting a list together of Nomad riders across the US and Canada who will be willing to open up their homes for fellow Nomaders to stay as they travel. It works like the Buddy-Plan any one that wants to participate can but you don't have to, we could make a list of folks list what they have available. For instance, Oldbikers doesn't have much room in the house but he can be listed as having T/ trailer TY/tools R/ rack G/garage and C /camper parking. I have room for folks to sleep here or even set up tents or a camper if they like.

As Oldbikers stated to us, you could work out your trip without spending money for a motel. It is just another way to help your fellow Nomaders. You cannot expect everyone to be at home when you call so you need to plan about 2 weeks in advance.

If you're interested in joining in on this, please send me a PM or email with your name, address, ph. number and specifics as I listed above. Email addy: lifizgud@kawanow.org.

Once I get a good list going, I'll email it out to those who are participating.Your personal information will not be on the open forum.

Happy traveling!!

Amy "kawgirl" Neal
Greenville, NC
2002 Nomad

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-07-2008, 05:36 PM   #2

It is a good idea, I've done it a couple of times. One was a couple that I met in Zions Natl Park in 1999. We rode and hiked together and exchanged info. I lived in Utah and they lived by Rocky Mountain Natl Park in Colorado.

I went on a trip going through Colorado and stayed with them for a night, we still keep in touch and I go for a ride with them every summer now that I live here.

Another time I went to New Zealand and stayed with a rider that I met on a ride in Utah.

I have a list of a few people in different parts of the country that I met, usually while camping on the bike, that are happy to host.

It's a good way to save on expenses, and is a lot more enjoyable than holing up in a motel.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:09 PM   #3

I would be willing to get involved with this,but I'll be gone for the next six weeks.
There is already a web site for motorcyclist in general. http://www.motorcycle-travel.net/
I'm not a member of this group,I just heard about it and thought someone might be able to use the info until the Nomad Network gets setup.

Old 09-07-2008, 10:17 PM   #4

sounds like a good idea. i live on state prison housing (right side of bars) so would make it difficult to host. If there is ever a need for anything else, count me in.

Old 09-09-2008, 01:56 AM   #5

Great idea. I'm glad you all are taking time to think about ways to improve the forum and the relationships between members.
Rich

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-09-2008, 07:49 PM   #6

I'm beginning to get some info in. Keep it coming gang!

Amy "kawgirl" Neal
Greenville, NC
2002 Nomad

Old 09-09-2008, 11:26 PM   #7
Advanced Member

Send a message via MSN to Blue Rebel

I know this is a bit out of the way, but if anyone is ever in Durango, Mexico, let me know. I might be able to help out.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:03 PM   #8

This is a bump to keep this thread visible. Send me your info so I can keep building the database for those who want travel help. This is a great way to help out your fellow Nomadders as someone travels into your area.

Blue Rebel, send me a PM with more specifics of what you can do to help and contact info.

Ride safe and happy traveling!

Amy "kawgirl" Neal
Greenville, NC
2002 Nomad

Old 09-16-2008, 05:43 PM   #9

BUMP!

Amy "kawgirl" Neal
Greenville, NC
2002 Nomad