Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada West Group

Old 10-24-2012, 03:34 PM   #1
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Things are slowing down

Hi to everyone,.....Well it seems like the season is coming to a quick close here on the west coast. After a nice long summer and 80 something days without rain, the bikes are gradually diminishing on the streets around town. There are still the hard, hard core riders out there but the fair weather guys have put their bikes away for the winter. I am still "out there" if the weather is doing anything but raining, until Nov. 1st. But it seems like winter is just around the corner. I hope everyone had a good summer and survived the dangers, all of us on two wheels face out there. I had a good time this year at the Canadian Rockies rally and want to thank everyone for their contribution to the success of it, just by showing up. I enjoyed seeing those of you I had already met, and of course meeting the people I hadn't met before. The fact that Kawasaki Canada came out {even for the afternoon} "MADE" the rally for me. Thanks again Bruce Marcia for all the contributions you/Kawasaki Canada made to help make the rally a success.
I hope everyone now gets to work readying their rides and making plans for next spring/summer and what that holds for them. I also hope everyone considers attending "The National" in Colorado next year. I will guarantee you won't regret going. So book the time to make it there.
{I might be having vacation issues again this year because I continue to be off work on WCB} But my room is booked just to be sure. Kris {netnorski} is putting together a ride plan and maybe those of us up here can arrange to meet up, and ride down to meet some of those "bandits". Then ride in together. Whatever works!!
Take care everyone and I look fwd. to seeing you out there on the road.
Cheers,..

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-25-2012, 10:51 AM   #2

Yes winter is here! Fresh snow almost every day for the past two weeks now and its a rarity to be in the plus degrees. The bike just sit's in the shop doing nothing but looking pretty. Of course I have some ideas in mind for mods but have been really busy for the past month building a new project.
The project for a customer is, building a atv, utilising a 450 polaris atv, snowmobile parts and a 1000cc ninja motor. Not really sure why he wants this build except to be the big boy on the block. The customer is a really good friend of mine and isn't mechanically minded and wants to learn mechanics, wiring, welding and machining hence this is a great oppurtunity for him. I will post pics as I go...Bdog

Old 10-25-2012, 07:41 PM   #3

Yes, ridin' season came to a screaming halt in Calgary this past week with the arrival of about 6 inches of snow. But again in Calgary we could get a Chinook and be riding on dry (and gravel covered) pavement in a week!

I plan to make the National Rally in Colorado along with Eagle Eye and hopefully Hammer.

Bdog, looking forward to some pics of that wild ATV.

"Sun on my face, wind in my hair, sound of my bike in my ears and peace in my soul..."
VBA Member #01514
2008 "Ultra" Nomad 1600, Candy Plasma Blue

Old 10-25-2012, 11:03 PM   #4
Top Contributor

John,.....I can't wait to have a project in my new garage/shop.
I look fwd. to seeing your work again.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Old 10-26-2012, 08:58 AM   #5
Top Contributor

Well said Rick....and yes...I do have a ride plan put together to get from the NW down to Colorado. Anyone interested can PM with your email address and I will send it along. It includes route and lodging information so you can plan well ahead....
VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by Netnorske; 10-26-2012 at 09:01 AM.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:00 AM   #6
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
I know what you mean Ricky. I have to put my summer riding gear away (sandals, tank tops and shorts) and bring out the "dead of winter" long sleeve shirts, riding boots, leather jacket and pants.

Just won't be the same...

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 10-26-2012, 12:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowndodge View Post
I know what you mean Ricky. I have to put my summer riding gear away (sandals, tank tops and shorts) and bring out the "dead of winter" long sleeve shirts, riding boots, leather jacket and pants.

Just won't be the same...
What a shame, more ironing.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 10-28-2012, 02:11 PM   #8

Frame is married up and finished. Most of the front suspension is in place. Shocks have been sent away for charging and respring. Motor installed next so that I can line up the swingarm to be made and work out the steering components..Bdog

Old 11-01-2012, 12:10 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdog View Post
Frame is married up and finished. Most of the front suspension is in place. Shocks have been sent away for charging and respring. Motor installed next so that I can line up the swingarm to be made and work out the steering components..Bdog
Good pics...and very nice work!
VBA #02217
06 Nomad
Buy the ticket, Take the ride.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:35 AM   #10

crazy

Sad to hear so many are closing up shop on this season but I understand. Weather here in the interior has been warm enough to ride but damn soggy with all this rain. I have 2 more weeks of insurance and you can be sure that as soon as I see dry patches on the roads, I will be making time on two wheels.
Will be trying to make my first Rally next year.
Be safe and Warm.......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Russ Riding.jpg (25.0 KB, 10 views)

Old 11-13-2012, 12:08 AM   #11

Bike is resting

But now the work begins .. getting the ride ready for next year .. First upgrade is a cover on the engine protection bars .. (roll bars) with pockets. Nice, have a cooling flush in mind, new rear tire and battery. Has anyone tried the deer wind
horn things (little stick on things) .. and since hasn't hit a deer?

Old 12-02-2012, 02:24 AM   #12
Top Contributor

WOW !!! when I started this post back { over } a month ago I think,.... I never thought it would get this slow in the western Canada Regions board. I must admit that other things have taken precedent over VBA and motorcycles. I'm still off work and waiting for decisions to be made by the employer, the Union and WorkSafe BC. I have been back and forth to the new home in the Cariboo and the 108 Ranch a time or two. The latest being this past week when I went up solo {"judygirl" has to work and keep me in the life I am accustomed to} to help out my folks and get them to Dr. appts that were out of town. I also had a guy install a dishwasher in the home. It never had one and the owner didn't design the kitchen to have a place for one. But we found an 18" dishwasher that would fit in a cupboard beside the stove.
We also went to the McCartney concert last week. Had to be the best concert I've been too in my life. And I've seen a lot of concerts. The Who, The Stones, Led Zep, Sting, Simon and Garfunkel at the Coliseum in Rome Italy, just to name a few. But McCartney was fantastic. For a guy of his age { 70 yrs.old } he never stopped once. With the exception of the two minute break between his 2 encore's.

John hows your build coming along? Kris what the heck have you been doing besides polishing the new ride?
Come'on and chime in here and lets hear from you guys.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Old 12-02-2012, 03:11 AM   #13
Top Contributor

Damn Ricky.....I have been meaning to call you....catch up on things. Looks like all is well up north..... I need to call Greg too...time has been passing and yes, I have been pimping the new ride.......can't wait for you guys to see it.... !! Welcome to Russ from Kelowna....you are in good company my friend. Hope you can make the National Rally next June. Keep an eye out...I'm sure we will be meeting up for the run down....!
VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016

Last edited by Netnorske; 12-02-2012 at 03:15 AM.

Old 12-02-2012, 01:50 PM   #14

I flew down to the island to take my mom out for her 82nd birthday. Spent 5 days down there doing much needed chores around the house and seeing about 10 old friends. I got home around 2am yesterday. Just woke up after a 12hr sleep...guess I needed it. The Gonezilla project has been on hold for the past 3 wks.. The motor is almost ready to install...geez..hope I measured right..lol.. Back to Ft. Macmurray tomorrow for a week, and will be moving into new digs up there too.
Ricky..your crib in the 108 is looking good. Hope all goes well with the yob and all.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:55 PM   #15

Things are quiet here in Calgary. Kinda hoping for a good chinook to roll through and make the streets dry enough that a guy could get out for a ride. No such luck, though.

Just waiting for the bike show just after New Years. Hopefully there's some new stuff to check out.

I'm kicking around the idea of organizing a "meet & greet" for the Calgary crew sometime in mid to late January. By that time we'll all be suffering from cabin fever and ready to get out, socialize, have a few brews and talk about all the rides and trips we have planned for the season ahead.
One of the guys I know at Walt Healy's is a member in a cool band and they play a good variety of good old rock tunes. I'd like to set up something for a Saturday night when they are playing at one of the pubs around town.

Stay tuned. I'll start a separate thread when I start getting things planned.

"Sun on my face, wind in my hair, sound of my bike in my ears and peace in my soul..."
VBA Member #01514
2008 "Ultra" Nomad 1600, Candy Plasma Blue