Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada West Group

Old 08-23-2010, 02:12 PM   #1
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
R.L wondering how things are.

Hi everyone
As it's now late August I was wondering how all the "Western Canada Nomad Riders" are doing, and really just trying to generate some "chatter" here on the board.
Have you had a good riding season?
How's the bike running?
What if any, problems have you had with the Nomad?
Did you go anywhere of mention?
What's the weather been like for you?
When are you going to ride to? Do you have a date where the insurance runs out and you stop then no matter what the weather is?
Or do you ride till you can't or [in my case] ride till you're tired of getting cold and maybe wet?

I hope all is well with each of you. I had a good summer all things considered. Even with the knee operation. I mean ...what's wrong with not having to go to work. I'm back on the bike now[still not working] after taking the month of Aug. off because of the knee. The weather is holding but it does feel like it's getting to be fall. Last yr. I rode till the end of October with pretty good weather.
Is anyone interested in maybe making a trip to Anacortes WA for the annual Oyster Run?
http://oysterrun.org/ Think about it. If there isn't any interest coming from Canada I will probably make a trip to "netnorskis" place and ride with them. If you haven't been to the Oyster Run, believe me it's something else. There is the ride/loop it's self but the ride there is pretty nice! But they estimated they had anywhere from 20 - 30 thousand bikes there last yr.. Kris and I left there at 3:00 PM last yr. and there were still hoards of bikes riding into Anacortes. A real nice little town. You/we could make plans to stay over night there the day before the event.
Jump in here if you're interested. Hey!! it would be like having our own west coast rally. All though a 1-2 day one. It would be a good way to finish off the season. Especially for you guys "up north" there, or those of you in Alberta.
John....have you heard from Mr. Obama yet? Maybe give him a call. ;)
take care my friends

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-23-2010, 05:23 PM   #2

Hey Rick,
Just thought I would stick my nose in the Western Canada camp and let you guys know how we are doing out this way.
Good to hear your healing up and actually starting to do some riding.
We in the East have had a pretty good season so far. We managed to have a little get together with some of the members who are within a few hours driving distance and I have been out with VulcanGuy several times for a days run. About ten of us from Ontario, Quebec and Nova Scotia showed up at the North Eastern U.S rally and had a blast with our American brothers.
Many of us have vowed to try and make it to the National rally next year, how about you guys? I know it would be a long haul, but is it possible we may see a few of you there?

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 08-23-2010, 05:39 PM   #3

Ricky; the NE rally was a blast, there was about 34 people and 26 bikes, I know its a real long haul for you guys but it would be great to meet up at the rally next June. Try to plan for it if you can. Perhaps 3-4 guys can trailer the bikes, that way you can ride together and take turns driving the truck.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 08-24-2010, 12:24 AM   #4
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc
Hey Rick,
Just thought I would stick my nose in the Western Canada camp and let you guys know how we are doing out this way.
Good to hear your healing up and actually starting to do some riding.
We in the East have had a pretty good season so far. We managed to have a little get together with some of the members who are within a few hours driving distance and I have been out with VulcanGuy several times for a days run. About ten of us from Ontario, Quebec and Nova Scotia showed up at the North Eastern U.S rally and had a blast with our American brothers.
Many of us have vowed to try and make it to the National rally next year, how about you guys? I know it would be a long haul, but is it possible we may see a few of you there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringadingh
Ricky; the NE rally was a blast, there was about 34 people and 26 bikes, I know its a real long haul for you guys but it would be great to meet up at the rally next June. Try to plan for it if you can. Perhaps 3-4 guys can trailer the bikes, that way you can ride together and take turns driving the truck.
Hey guys,
Glad to hear from the east coast members, and that you've had a good season so far, and it's not over yet. You've both mentioned the National and if there might be any of us from the west going to make the trip. I can only speak for myself at this point and I'm going to do my best to get there "come hell or high water". My friend "midge" and I have talked about trailering with a friend and member "midge" but he isn't big on the idea. He's up for a ride there and camping but I don't have that kind of time. I'd jump on an opportunity to trailer with a few guys and share a ride. I've suggested the idea to netnorski but he wasn't into it because of time I think, and then the "Rally in the Redwoods" started to come together. I think it's a good thing for those who just can't make it out east for whatever reason. It's in Aug. and I'll try to make it too.
I guess with this thread the idea will be out there for any body to jump in if they're interested. I want to make it there and will try to have the time to ride if that's the way I "have to" go. I would trailer if there was an interest though.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Old 08-24-2010, 12:50 PM   #5

Hi Rick, Western Canada Nomad Riders and other members,

All is well, the life is under control and the bikes are parked for a week [I'm in Fort Mac again :(]

We've had a great riding season so far and rode the hell out of our Japanese horses. The Nomad is a little under 30K and the Suzi over 25K km, they only need some regular maintenance done, other than that they didn't miss a beat all summer.

As far as future riding, some day rides, extended weekends maybe but no road trips [have no vacation left until x'mas].

Cheers,

Elvis

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-24-2010, 01:12 PM   #6
Advanced Member

The riding season in Calgary has quite bluntly - sucked -ss! If it ain't rainin - it's hailing - if it aint blowing like the devil it's ? - we have not had more than a couple days in a row of nice weather! Damn - April was nicer than expected and it snowed! Spring seemed to come 2 months late - and now Autumn it appears is here - starts getting dark earlier - dark in the morning and it's not so warm@ 5:00 am!

Old 08-24-2010, 05:26 PM   #7

Hi All!
I'm a relatively new member here in Calgary. In spite of the weather I'ver managed to get in my fair share of riding so far this summer.
I see lots of Nomads out on Calgary's streets but really don't have an idea how many are actually KawaNOW members. I'd like to meet up with some of the other Calgary and area members. What do you thing of meeting up for breakfast some Sunday morning and maybe heading out for a short ride from there?

"Sun on my face, wind in my hair, sound of my bike in my ears and peace in my soul..."
VBA Member #01514
2008 "Ultra" Nomad 1600, Candy Plasma Blue

Old 08-24-2010, 09:12 PM   #8

Hey all
Did not get a lot of kms on.Took a trip to Vancouver and was going to go to Bella Coola but they closed the highway.Did not have any problems with Nomad,put a couple of tires on it and thats it

Old 08-24-2010, 10:19 PM   #9

I concur with Rewindgy, our summer here in Alberta sucked big time. Between work and the weather I had very little kilometres put on the bike this season. The wife and I are off to Europe in two weeks for the month of September so that will even cut the riding season shorter. I spent most of the time spending on mods: Russell seat, Reckless fairing, paint, trailer hitch for the new trailer next year. I'll talk to you all upon my return from across the pond......

Old 08-25-2010, 12:33 PM   #10
Advanced Member

Canuckrider - have you gone to Bike Night @ A& W on 16th and 4th? It's every Thursday night - also there is one in Airdrie @ the A & W in the Co-op parking lot Wednesday night! There are usually a few Nomad's hanign around either event!

Old 08-25-2010, 01:17 PM   #11

Just got home from a 14day trip thru alberta and bc. It rained only 1 day off/on. Put on 5000kms..ran out of gas 3km from station in leduc so I tossed the bike from side to side and limped it in. Put in 21.275 litres..so the good thing is I know how much it will hold. Camped most of the time and met a lot of really nice people riding harleys, goldwings, bmw, and one nomad. Back to work in FT. Mac on sat. Hope everyone had a good season...Bdog

Old 08-25-2010, 01:40 PM   #12
Top Contributor

Ricky,
How was your ride out to that rally in Forks, WA last weekend? I assume you went, but maybe not...

As for the Oyster Run, I'd be up for a repeat of last year if anyone else wants to plan for it. Another early start would be a wise thing....and I can probably host a couple people at my place again!

I finished my final eye surgery and just have to heal up now. Doc won't let me put a contact lens in my right eye for two months, so I will be wearing my glasses full time for awhile.... :-[.

Let me know what you're thinking for the Oyster Run!
VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016

Old 08-26-2010, 04:15 AM   #13
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netnorske
Ricky,
How was your ride out to that rally in Forks, WA last weekend? I assume you went, but maybe not...

As for the Oyster Run, I'd be up for a repeat of last year if anyone else wants to plan for it. Another early start would be a wise thing....and I can probably host a couple people at my place again!

I finished my final eye surgery and just have to heal up now. Doc won't let me put a contact lens in my right eye for two months, so I will be wearing my glasses full time for awhile.... :-[.

No, I didn't go to Forks. I didn't get a response from either Elvis or hammer. I think E was working out of town and Hammer has been busy working for his Strata council where he lives. I didn't want to ride there by myself really. I seem to ride on my own most of the time as it is.
As far as the Oyster Run goes,.... If it's not raining I'll be going.
I'm hoping Elvis and hammer will join me and the three of us will leave from Abbotsford. so far neither have expressed an interest as of yet. It's still kind of early so they might get back to me yet. If not I'll probably make it to Everett and do what we did last year.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Old 08-26-2010, 12:47 PM   #14
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyboy ... #00722
Quote:
Ricky,

No, I didn't go to Forks. I didn't get a response from either Elvis or hammer. I think E was working out of town and Hammer has been busy working for his Strata council where he lives. I didn't want to ride there by myself really. I seem to ride on my own most of the time as it is.
As far as the Oyster Run goes,.... If it's not raining I'll be going.
I'm hoping Elvis and hammer will join me and the three of us will leave from Abbotsford. so far neither have expressed an interest as of yet. It's still kind of early so they might get back to me yet. If not I'll probably make it to Everett and do what we did last year.
Whatever works...it's all good! Hope you can make it on the 4th for the run to Winthrop.... !! Dropped the steed off today for some new skins.....ahhhh....new Cobras and a butter-smooth ride....nothin' better than new tread... !
VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016

Old 08-26-2010, 01:01 PM   #15

Quote:
Whatever works...it's all good! Hope you can make it on the 4th for the run to Winthrop.... !! Dropped the steed off today for some new skins.....ahhhh....new Cobras and a butter-smooth ride....nothin' better than new tread... !
Hi Kris,

That'll be your 3rd set of Cobras, right? I also have Cobras, currently at 6000 miles, how long do they last for you.

Thanks,

E.