Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > New Member Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2012, 12:08 AM   #1

Smile Great Community

I've only just recently discovered this forum and I'm impressed. I just upgraded to a lifetime membership. The riders on here are friendly, intelligent, and quick to offer advice or wit!

I've been riding motorcycles for over 30 years now. My first street bike was a Honda 175. Once I quickly outgrew that I've only ridden Yamaha's. My pride and joy is a 1986 Yamaha Virago custom painted red, white, and blue, stars and stripes all over, heavy gold metal-flake throughout. Eagles all over it...I love that bike..but after all these years it's growing more and more uncomfortable for long rides.

I'm currently serving in Afghanistan and was checking out Facebook one day when a fellow Soldier posts a picture of his motorcycle, an '01 Vulcan Nomad 1500 FI, and lists a price under it. I was taken aback. I'd never seen a particular bike like that...or I did but didn't pay much attention...anyways, the price was perfect and the bike was beautiful. I had my brother, a Harley rider, go check it out. He got it for me on the spot. After he rode it home to my house he felt terrible...that he had paid too much for his Harley, because this Vulcan Nomad rode better than his.

So that brings us to today...I'm still stuck in this place dreaming every day of when I'll be home to my family and my new bike. I've been busy surfing the catalogs and upgrading some simple stuff...mirrors, crash bars, side covers, etc. But it will never end. I like my ride to be different. Personal. Something that makes people do a double take.

When I get home I'll have more pictures to post throughout the upgrade process.

God Bless America.

Chris aka "Chief"

'01 Vulcan Nomad 1500 Fi
'05 Yamaha V Star Classic 1100

Login or Register to Remove Ads