Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 07-05-2008, 08:44 AM   #1

canada

Leaving on the nomad for canada next saturday.... going in by way of Detroit, gonna ride up thru Port Elgin and St. Catharines, then head back down to nigara falls to spend a day there, then, out , and work our way over to Roanoke, and get on the blueridge for a few hundred miles to cherokee, then over the mountain and home......... I know a lot of you have probably been to Canada...... I've never been....What's it like there, as far as riding and scenery, etc.....

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-05-2008, 08:49 AM   #2
Mega-Contributor

canada

I hope you know how to speak Canadian, or you'll have a heck of a time. ;)
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 07-05-2008, 09:14 AM   #3

canada

Youll love it, Ronnie; from Detroit to Port Elgin is a fairly long ride, the closer you get to Port Elgin the nicer the scenery.When your coming back south towards St Catherines make sure you ride through the Muskoka Lakes region, its beautiful and you won't regret it. Some towns in the area are Huntsville, Bracegridge, Parry Sound, Gravenhurst, and Bala. I usually ride there a couple times throughout the summer. If you have time there is a boat ride on a ship called the Seguin that leaves Gravenhurst for a trip around Lake Muskoka, You will see some great scenery and cottages there that look like castles. This is where a lot of movie stars and famous people vacation for the summer. St. Catherines is only 20 minutes from Niagara Falls, and is wine country. There are a lot of vineyards in the area and you can go on tours if thats your cup of tea. There is a lot to see and do in Ontario. How long a trip are you planning?

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 07-05-2008, 10:20 AM   #4

canada

SOUNDs like a GREAT trip.. also go to these sites,, Bob and Dot are really cool.we share info with them from the New England Rider forums. Rich

Canadian Motorcycle Roads (On Delphi)

CANADIAN riders (On Delphi)

http://www.newenglandriders.org/Grea...%20Regions.htm

Old 07-05-2008, 12:09 PM   #5

Send a message via Yahoo to jussmatt
canada

Never been to Canada myself...hope to make it there someday.. Have a safe and fun trip Ronnie!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-05-2008, 01:01 PM   #6

canada

Welcome to Canada. Sounds like a good ride you have planned out Ronnie. You will definately know your in a different country once you cross the fence. Don't bring any guns with you! Expect to pay high prices on everything. To give you an idea, gas is about 6 bucks a gallon, cigarettes are around 11 bucks a pack. The country is very divided in regions, hence different attitudes which makes us unique. We have the maritimes which is very laid back and beautiful, Quebec which is french and is almost a country within a country, Ontario which is also beautiful and very americanised. Then we have our central region, Manitoba, Saskatchiwan and Alberta which is mostly prairries and wide open, beautiful in its own rights, many small towns, then British Columbia which is breath taking views and sites to see. Most of the people are generous to help out with anything and are laidback. Hope this view helps out Ronnie, have a safe trip and watch out for the wildlife, bears , dear, moose etc. Bdog

Old 07-06-2008, 09:53 AM   #7

canada

Hey, thanks Ringadingh, and Bdog, for the information you sent my way....
We are planning on being in canada for 3 days, but, one of those days will be spent at the falls...Having never been there, anything you'all tell us about the place, we study and analyze to death... gonna be 4 of us, leaving next Saturday, so we're really on a countdown now....nice to belong to a site like this, where someone on here knows something about almost anything you want to discuss, or need information about...thanks again ronnie

Old 07-06-2008, 04:54 PM   #8

canada

Two days doesn't leave a lot of time to look around while your here, especially on the way to Port Elgin. Whats up there anyway? Its nice, but there are better locations to ride through on a limited time schedule. If you give me an idea of your timeframe, perhaps I could make a suggestion on what to see and do.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951