Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 08-29-2009, 09:05 AM   #1
Advanced Member

Used Nomads in Canada

are really hard to find. My good friend got hooked on riding 3 years ago (I will say at this point he is old, really, really old, in fact, older than dirt ), and has been riding a 1300 Yamaha Tourer. A couple of nights ago he finally rode my Ruby and I rode his Yamaha. The Yamaha is the most uncomfortable riding bike I've ever been on. The handle bars are wide and low so you ride leaning forward with your arms extended and 5 miles down the road, my back and arms were hurting. The nacelle is set on top of the bars so there is no way to put risers on. He could not believe the comfort of the Nomad compared to the Yamaha and was hooked that fast.

Needless to say, he went looking for a Nomad. Found 3 or 4 in Canada, a couple in the Northern US, and lots in the Southern US, mainly in Texas and Florida. He has made a deal on a 2006 sitting in Fort Worth, Texas and is waiting for the dealer to crate and ship the Nomad to Montana, where he will pick it up and bring it across the border.

I don't know if we tend to keep our Nomads longer up here or if there isn't many sold but there seems to be none around this area for sale at all.

My friends name is Charlie and I have him registered on the forum so hopefully he will show up here soon and introduce himself. As for the old comment, he'll get that one.

Login or Register to Remove Ads