Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 02-16-2009, 01:07 PM   #31

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
Sea Foam = snake oil?

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-16-2009, 06:35 PM   #32
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to dhomoney Send a message via Yahoo to dhomoney
Sea Foam = snake oil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosko
Quote:
Originally Posted by ez money
pictures of the cheerleaders??????
Here's one from Toronto.

Freaking Canadians. Your idea of a cheerleader and that which we have in the States is vastly different. BD is getting very hot under the collar now though.

Old 02-16-2009, 06:46 PM   #33
Sr. Contributor

Sea Foam = snake oil?

yeah I know, but still sometimes i just can't top myself. Maybe i am hopeless...

Bosco Sea Foam isn't engine oil.. It is a cleaner / preserver.. It got the name as a cemical back in the 60's maybe before that as a engine fogging cleaner / preserver mainly in marine applications, where salt water engine were stored in cooler weather out of water.

It was used in fuel systems because it didn't allow the crap to form in fuel lines, carbs, then it was found a piston being fogged was cleaned over time as was valve stems, and it even cut carbon build in the exhaust clyinder head ports..

The last thing anyone wants to do is run it as engine oil, and only that as engine oil.

On the other hand i read a report recently where a guy with a newer Ford mustang rinsed his engine with plain hose water. That fool pulled his oil drain plug, drained his engine oil, started the engine with the drain plug and stuffed a garden hose in the oil inlet.

Then he wondered on line about why his engine seized...

What I think happened is the hose flow was greater than the water could get out, and then the water level became high enough to hit the pistons. All she wrote BOOM!

That was a really air head move, but by a guy doing something sort of common,,, That is killing the engine with kindness.

Use any oil for cars even, that just doesn't say "Energy Conserving" and any and all of it is just fine. Thius counts for full syn oils too.

I would refrain from that garden hose flushing though...

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 02-16-2009, 07:44 PM   #34
Advanced Member

Sea Foam = snake oil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac

Bosco Sea Foam isn't engine oil.. It is a cleaner / preserver.. It got the name as a cemical back in the 60's maybe before that as a engine fogging cleaner / preserver mainly in marine applications, where salt water engine were stored in cooler weather out of water.

It was used in fuel systems because it didn't allow the crap to form in fuel lines, carbs, then it was found a piston being fogged was cleaned over time as was valve stems, and it even cut carbon build in the exhaust clyinder head ports..

The last thing anyone wants to do is run it as engine oil, and only that as engine oil.