Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2014, 07:56 PM   #7
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
Driving in London is another story,they have a congestion charge for certain area's,every time you enter one of them you are clocked by a camera,it's so confusing to know when you are in or outside the zone,then you have to pay with you're mobile phone in an automated system that is so frustrating and expensive, if you dont pay, because you dont understand what you are supposed to do, or cant because the system is so over loaded,you get a fine. I met an Australian couple last year who arrived at Heathrow and hired a car, they spent 3 day's sightseeing in London before traveling around the country,and when they returned the car 2 week's later were met with a Ā£1600 ( $2584 ) bill for traffic violation's,they were really pissed off and were going to tell all their friend's never to go to London,good for tourism eh,
Nothing personal, but I don't know how you put up with that shit. That and all the cameras, now the cops over there are doing warrantless searches for guns. Was it even that bad under the king? The citizens there are like Farm AnimalsĀ®. I am so glad I don't live in NY anymore. Doesn't anyone get sick of it?
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11