Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 08-20-2017, 01:33 PM   #1

02 1500 throttle body removal help?

Hi everyone. Need help. Do you have to remove tank to take throttle body off? Does anyone have a detailed how to on throttle body removal. It is fuel injection.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-20-2017, 02:25 PM   #2

I've had mine off several times, and although this isn't a step by step, it will give you the general idea. Mine is a 1600 but it should be about the same. Yes I would recommend removing the tank. First, loosen both throttle cables up at the grip, and I would go ahead and remove the ends of the cables from the grip. On the right side there is a bracket that supports the throttle body, there's 2 screws that mount the throttle body to the bracket, one each side, then there's 2 screws (one each side) that mount the bracket to the jugs, and remove bracket. Disconnect the throttle cables from the throttle body, there is a m shaped bracket with one screw in the middle that you have to remove so that you can completely disconnect the throttle cables, you'll need a long shank Phillips head for that, come at it from the left side of the bike (tank off makes it sooo much easier). Disconnect the fuel line, and any other wiring/plugs connected to the throttle body, and the vacuum lines too. Then remove the 4 bolts, 2 each side that connects the intake to the jugs, then wiggle it out the right side. It's not that hard, and I strongly recommend removing the throttle body and intake manifold as a unit.

Cliff "VulcanE" Evans
2005 Blue & Silver 1600 Nomad
VBA # 320
VROC # 20381

Last edited by VulcanE; 08-20-2017 at 02:28 PM.

Old 08-20-2017, 02:45 PM   #3

Thanks! That's my plan as my seals are leaking

Old 08-20-2017, 03:32 PM   #4

You don't have to remove the tank, but it sure makes it easier to get to everything.
VBA 936