Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 01-23-2018, 03:12 PM   #1

Question Larger crash bars available for Vaquero?

Has anyone ever put on larger (wider) highway bars on their Vaquero? I'd kinda like to get bigger ones for mine, but have no idea what would fit. Hoping one of you folks has done this already..?

I determined the hard way last May that the stock ones don't actually protect the batwing or the bags if you go down.. :(
Also, same goes for saddlebag 'protectors'... they're not!
Would love to find larger versions of those too.
Thanks, Archer

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-23-2018, 05:15 PM   #2

Greetings,

I would take the current ones off and to a blacksmith/welder. Have them use the mounting bases, but build out and beef them up. Then off to a powder coater or chromer...

Ride safe,
Smokier
2012 Victory Crossroads in Sunset Red "Ruby"

Previous Vulcans: '15 Vaquero, '12 Vaquero, '10 1700 Nomad, '04 1500 Classic, '01 1500 Classic, '88 Vulcan 750
VROC # 10967 | VBA # 3115

Old 01-24-2018, 12:34 AM   #3

I'm not sure whether the Voyager crash bars bolt right up, but I doubt they'd protect much more anyway... I've tested mine after a "high-side", and destroyed both front & back crash bars, fairing, leg shield, saddlebag, handlebars, etc... I found out, as you did, that it's best to avoid those sorts of aerial activities

Since I have no intention of ever repeating the experience, I'm entirely happy just to have replaced the bent & broken chrome bits and the leg shield with nice new ones, and had a plastic welder restore my busted up saddlebag and fairing to "as new".

And I've vowed never to let my rear tire get that far worn again. I thought I'd get one more long journey out of that OEM Bridgestone... I was wrong, and I've learned an expensive lesson from that mistake. I'll probably never buy another Bridgestone tire either.

Nothing screams poor workmanship like wrinkles in the duct tape
'02 1500 blonde Nomad (Sold) '97 800 burgundy Classic (Sold)

Tags
accessories, chrome, crash bars