Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rides/Trip Reports/Travel Information

Old 08-05-2016, 04:51 PM   #1
Advanced Member

Horizons Unlimited CANWEST 2016

The Horizons Unlimited CANWEST event/rally will be held in Nakusp, BC 25-28 Aug of this year. Although it seems to primarily appeal to adventure riding it is not just about that. I'll be attending with my Canuck riding buddy Gord and my cousin from Oregon this year. Gord rode his Triumph Tiger Explorer with me to the Arctic Circle last year but will be riding his Gold Wing to the event. My cousin Doug is fairly new to riding on pavement although he was a long time rated amateur off road racer on both track and mulit day trails events. He just bought a KTM 1190 Adventure. I was to ride my DL650 VStrom but will instead be riding my Nomad 1600.

http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/events/canwest-2016

If any forum members plan to attend, please PM me and we can get together at the event.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-08-2016, 01:09 PM   #2

Thanks Mike for posting this. Sounds pretty interesting.

Unfortunately I already have plans for that weekend and as well Hammer and I are meeting up for a ride in the Kootenays the previous weekend.

"Sun on my face, wind in my hair, sound of my bike in my ears and peace in my soul..."
VBA Member #01514
2008 "Ultra" Nomad 1600, Candy Plasma Blue

Old 08-18-2016, 09:24 AM   #3
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckrider View Post
Thanks Mike for posting this. Sounds pretty interesting.

Unfortunately I already have plans for that weekend and as well Hammer and I are meeting up for a ride in the Kootenays the previous weekend.
I just saw this post and it's disappointing. I'd hoped you guys would be in the area.

We'll be riding the Kootenays following the gathering and then I'm not sure where. My cousin and I might ride down into Glacier but we'd be running afoul of the Labor Day Weekend during which accommodations will be scarce. And I still owe you a beer that I promised during our rack transaction last year. I sat across from you at the dinner and completely forgot. A welsher apparently I am but will get you next time.

Old 08-23-2016, 10:42 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
And I still owe you a beer that I promised during our rack transaction last year. I sat across from you at the dinner and completely forgot. A welsher apparently I am but will get you next time.
Damn!! Usually when someone owes me a beer I remember!

Hammer and I had some great riding over the weekend and enjoyed our stay at The Bavarian Orchard in Creston (the same place we stayed on the ride last year). George and Anne are such great hosts.

The only down side was that we both hit rain yesterday on our respective rides back home from Fairmont Hot Springs. But if you're afraid of rain you better stay home.

"Sun on my face, wind in my hair, sound of my bike in my ears and peace in my soul..."
VBA Member #01514
2008 "Ultra" Nomad 1600, Candy Plasma Blue

Old 11-10-2016, 11:28 PM   #5
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckrider View Post
Damn!! Usually when someone owes me a beer I remember!

Hammer and I had some great riding over the weekend and enjoyed our stay at The Bavarian Orchard in Creston (the same place we stayed on the ride last year). George and Anne are such great hosts.

The only down side was that we both hit rain yesterday on our respective rides back home from Fairmont Hot Springs. But if you're afraid of rain you better stay home.
I am so far behind checking on riding threads on this forum.

Afraid of rain? No but after riding thousands of miles in it I think it is reasonable for me to say that I hate it. I definitely prefer blue skies and gentle winds but know that is not always possible, especially in the Pacific Northwest.

I'll be up your way next summer, rain or sunshine.

Login or Register to Remove Ads