Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Complete Bikes

Old 09-14-2010, 11:24 AM   #1

99 Nomad for sale

Hello fellow Nomad owners !

First time posting here. With deep regretts, I have decided to sell my
ole reliable. The trouble is...if you hav'nt ever had knowlege about this bike, you have no idea what a wonderfull cruiser it is.

I had a man come over, last Sunday (on his Spider 3 wheeler)..We took a ride into the country around here...He loved the ride, but comented on the "clunk", when shifting. I told him every bike shifts abit differant, from one make/model to another.
He had previously been on a Venture (which explains his position)
He said would I be willing to have our local dealer/mechanic give it the once over. I said sure, knowing him myself.
The dealer basically said the same thing.. I also told the prospective buyer, that you will get better at shifting this bike in little trime.
The guy said.."I dont think I could get used to it, and backed out.
He missed the boat on this great bike !
If I find some interest in this bike, I will post some photos.
This is the year of the two tone green...Totally stunning color scheme in person. Extremely well kept in a carpeted garage environment.
Ive always used Golden Spectro synthetic blend in this machine, with meticulous changes around 3 thousand miles.
When I serviced the front forks, Progressive springs were installed, with a much better ride as a result. I chromed the large floorboard brackets, up front, front and rear chrome bumpers, Kawi passanger grab bars, Brakeaway cruise control, bag liners, three seat configurations, light bar, and Caddalac tail lights where the signals are..(operating brake lights, turn signals and running lights)...via LED rings inside.
Additionally (under factory warranty) The engine was taken out...and the non metallic oil pumpm gear was replaced with an steel one.
I live in the South Bay area of California......Lots of great riding in the country around here.
The bike stays on the battery tender, and gets a monthly warmup tour to keep it relevant and fresh. The paint is in superb condition !
Please let me know if you have a friend that might be interested in this great bike....I will email photos to them.
Thanks for reading my add !

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-14-2010, 11:49 AM   #2
Mega-Contributor

99 Nomad for sale

New member, first post and you're selling your bike. You forget to mention your asking price.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 09-14-2010, 09:41 PM   #3

99 Nomad for sale

I know.....No price. I also didnt list the miles.... (Gotcha there! )

It has 29,000 miles, give or take a few.........(just a baby right)

Several other new items have been updated that I didnt list either.

I have not listed a price, because for what its worth, the blue books are so low that I think the bike is worth more......so untill I get some educated
offers, Im not going to list a price. Start off with an offer, and we'll talk.

Obvious to me ...being on a forum like this...EVERYBODY knows they are a great bike, so If a member tells a friend that there is a nicely maintantained Nomad for sale (word of mouth) I will have a better chance of finding a home that likes and appreciates this one.

This one is nearly perfect in every way, and gets complements every where it goes. All tank emblems have been left on............(no over-
- personalization here.

I suppose the next reader will ask the obvious..................Why U selling?

In 2006 I was kicking tires at the Honda shop....And got knocked out cold
by an ST1300 sport touring bike. ABS brakes, gear driven windshield...
Safety wise.....A GIANT leap forward !!!

With the economy winding down to a crawl...I cant keep the Cadallac and
the sports car. THAT IS the ONLY reason. If I was in financially better shape....I would keep her...(and more bikes) But it cant be.

I'll leave it at that.....Next question?