Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 08-06-2007, 10:15 AM   #31
Top Contributor

Helmet

I agree blowndodge! Those are great!
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-07-2007, 08:54 PM   #32
Top Contributor

Helmet

sockbiker: the nexl half helmets are the BEST, hands down. they run true to size, order off there chart according to your head in centimeters. Might take a few weeks to order one but well worth the wait. This helmet stays glued to your head with no buffeting at 80-90mph. i can't be pleased more with it. thx for the feedback

Doc

Old 08-09-2007, 01:13 PM   #33

Helmet

I need to find me a viking helmet.....with LONG horns

Old 08-09-2007, 01:22 PM   #34

Helmet

<marquee></marquee>

Old 08-09-2007, 01:24 PM   #35
Top Contributor

Helmet

<marquee>lmao!</marquee>
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss

Todd and BD

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-09-2007, 01:28 PM   #36

Helmet

LMAO, I had a fire helmet like that once. Would definitely increase your visibility.

Old 08-09-2007, 02:07 PM   #37

Helmet

......on 2nd thought.........not so cool. I want to scare little old ladies not make them laugh!

Old 08-09-2007, 06:39 PM   #38
Top Contributor

Helmet

Doc, I went to D&S Performance, the only place near me that sells these helmets and I was told they are not able to get them anymore. The owner said after the 4th recall they couldn't get any. I did look at a HCI chopper helmet which was extremely lightweight carbonfiber. It's only $60 so I'm going to give it a few looks before I make a decision.

Quote:
sockbiker: the nexl half helmets are the BEST, hands down. they run true to size, order off there chart according to your head in centimeters. Might take a few weeks to order one but well worth the wait. This helmet stays glued to your head with no buffeting at 80-90mph. i can't be pleased more with it. thx for the feedback

Doc
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss

Todd and BD

Old 08-10-2007, 09:17 AM   #39
Top Contributor

Helmet

socwbiker: nexl half is pretty true to size, just fir your head size into there chart, if on the line go up.

Doc

Old 08-10-2007, 09:20 AM   #40
Top Contributor

Helmet

sockbiker: Go have to go directly to there web site nexlsports.com and they have them all there in colors, carbon fiber, etc.

Doc

Old 08-10-2007, 11:56 AM   #41
Top Contributor

Helmet

Cool. I'll check it out.
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss

Todd and BD

Old 08-10-2007, 12:22 PM   #42

Helmet

I wear an HJC 3/4 helmet with a half shield. I don't like wearing a helmet but I'm too dangerous for my own good.

Had a 1969 Suzuki Titan 500. Slid it sideways through a wet Seattle intersection - had to buy a new helmet but just got dizzy.

Had a 1972 Yamaha DT 360. Flipped that baby on top of me and literally split the helmet in two chunks when it landed on top of me. Walked away with many aches. Then had the opportunity to ram the rear of a Pinto and fly over the top into the roadway. Too many aches to count and one very busted up helmet.

Had a 1977 Sportster. Turned left, really hard, highsided and watched my baby Harley slide away from me. Helmet had a big asphalt blotch as I used my head to cushion my slide from asphalt to ditch. Once a gain needed a new helmet but walked away from the crash.

Had 1973 CB750. Blew the rear tire and rode it off the interstate into a barbed wire fence. Didn't drop it or damage the helmet. Just a lot of ouchees. Also pulled up to work one day, forgot to put my feet down and fell over just like on Laugh-in (beer was involved). Some of you must remember the tricycle! Busted my helmet that time too.

I haven't kissed mother earth since 1980 so everyone I ride with keeps their distance because they say its only a matter of time and they don't want to be involved!!

Anyway, wear em if want to or not! As a Viet Vet I can tell you - when its your time, its your time!!

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Old 08-10-2007, 12:39 PM   #43

Helmet

I've only crashed one time. knock on wood. I was 15 and I bought my first bike off my friend for like 180 bucks. I think it was a 1978 Honda scrambler 175cc. Well I didn't have a licence and no training. I got going as fast as I could on a grass stretch next to a road by my house (maybe 3rd gear) when it was time to slow down I pulled the front brake just like I had practiced on the concrete around my house at 2 mph. Well my front tire slid out from under me and the next thing I knew I was sliding on my face (no helmet of course) when I stood up I noticed my hand was facing backwards and wouldn't move. I had broken every bone in my left wrist and didn't even feel it. That experience did me in for about 10 years or so. When I got back from Iraq in 2003 I wanted to learn how to ride so I took an MSF course and bought a Honda Shadow Spirit 1100 (good starter bike).
Now that I have my Nomad I couldn't be happier!

Old 08-10-2007, 01:31 PM   #44
Top Contributor

Helmet

No offense bear, but I have to agree with your friends and family. I'll take the bus.

Quote:
I wear an HJC 3/4 helmet with a half shield. I don't like wearing a helmet but I'm too dangerous for my own good.

Had a 1969 Suzuki Titan 500. Slid it sideways through a wet Seattle intersection - had to buy a new helmet but just got dizzy.

Had a 1972 Yamaha DT 360. Flipped that baby on top of me and literally split the helmet in two chunks when it landed on top of me. Walked away with many aches. Then had the opportunity to ram the rear of a Pinto and fly over the top into the roadway. Too many aches to count and one very busted up helmet.

Had a 1977 Sportster. Turned left, really hard, highsided and watched my baby Harley slide away from me. Helmet had a big asphalt blotch as I used my head to cushion my slide from asphalt to ditch. Once a gain needed a new helmet but walked away from the crash.

Had 1973 CB750. Blew the rear tire and rode it off the interstate into a barbed wire fence. Didn't drop it or damage the helmet. Just a lot of ouchees. Also pulled up to work one day, forgot to put my feet down and fell over just like on Laugh-in (beer was involved). Some of you must remember the tricycle! Busted my helmet that time too.

I haven't kissed mother earth since 1980 so everyone I ride with keeps their distance because they say its only a matter of time and they don't want to be involved!!

Anyway, wear em if want to or not! As a Viet Vet I can tell you - when its your time, its your time!!

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss

Todd and BD

Old 08-10-2007, 01:38 PM   #45

Helmet

I took the MSF class a few yrs ago and was amazed at the little things I learned........ the "slow, look, lean, & roll" things kinda stick in your head. I recommend it to everyone that's new to riding or just not ridden in a while....... picking up just one little pointer could save your life! Plus, the DMV driving test in CA. is near impossible to pass unless you're at least an intermediate rider, and with the MSF cert you don't have to take it.... don't know if other states are the same.......

Anyway..................... <marquee> SMITE THE H*LL OUT OF ME!!!!!!!!!</marquee>