Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 12-02-2016, 08:49 AM   #16
Advanced Member

Is it a different thread than any other on the market? Please do tell what is different about the plug that it can not be substituted with a defferent make/ brand.

Patriot Guard Riders
Sons Of Liberty Riders Alabama Road Captain
2015 Voyager
2003 1500 NOMAD FI sold 6/19
VBA #2993
RUSSELL DAYLONG SEATS ROCK!!
DAMMIT TOOL:
Any handy tool that you grab and throw across the garage while yelling "DAMMIT" at the top of your lungs

There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.

SO MANY ROADS,
SO LITTLE TIME.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-02-2016, 09:48 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumberjack View Post
I don't think any of you posting have a 1700 by the looks of it. There is 1 plug available for 1700 - no choice.
LumberJack, I get a 1700 up on my lift about once a month, doing minor maintenance....MaKawa wants you over a barrel, she don't list anymore cause she don't want you sticking whatever you want into the bike. (Kinda sounds like our Gov., doesn't it?) Theres nothing special or sacred about said plug, other than its a damn good long life plug that doesn't foul out easily.
Anyway, they took the same approach that Cummins did for some of their stuff....its super speciality!
I haven't checked the threads, nor the protrusion length, but THAT would not be a problem. If you wanted, and if it were diff., all your favorite plugs would only be a Heli-Coil away!!!!!
Just from looking and feel, I don't think theres a diff., just no listing to a diff. plug.
Notice as bikes go on, later models come out, theres less adjustability? Its getting to be a desposible society. Just Like The Cars....

---------------------
Don't start no schit,
there won't be no schit....
*My Sarcasm is directly proportional
to the amount of Stupidity involved*
---------------------
VBA#03239
VROC#37400

VRA
---------------------
2014 Vaquero
2001 Nomad FI
2003 Street Glide (sold)
1500 Meanie, fresh rebuild (sold)
90s BUBF Bobber (sold)
2001 UltraCycle FatPounder (Sold)
1975 HD ElectraGlide (Sold)
1982 Kawasaki Z1 Chopper (Sold)
Suck It Up & Ride!

Last edited by DragonLady58; 12-02-2016 at 09:57 AM.

Old 12-02-2016, 01:49 PM   #18

I changed the plugs in my 12 Voyager a couple years ago due to a low speed stumble, they were not the problem. I got them while on vacation, but when checking locally, they needed to be ordered, auto parts stores did not carry them. I'm thinking they were about $13-14 each then. They tried to cross reference them and said there was no other plug that was a direct replacement for these. I still have the stock plugs in a drawer and if need be, will reinstall these when the time comes. Bike now has just under 59k miles and going strong.

Old 12-03-2016, 02:13 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumberjack View Post
I don't think any of you posting have a 1700 by the looks of it. There is 1 plug available for 1700 - no choice.
I think I stated that and the fact that someone stated earlier in the Thread than you need a deep 14mm socket I knew it was different than mine. I just asked to see one out of curiosity. I'll live if I don't see one.

"Ride hard or stay home" Joe Robinson aka Old Dog, R.I.P