Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2013, 04:42 PM   #1

Thanks to Joe "Chuckster" Norris

Posted up on VROC - but thanks Joe. The cam chain tensioner extenders went in with no issues.

For others - I have an '07 and it only had 14,000 on the ODO - seemed low to be out of travel on the tensioners, but I'm glad I checked. Should be good for a while - I hope.

Doing in the ear shave (removing left dog bowl and crossover tube) does make the process A WHOLE LOT easier. But getting that crossover tube out is a PAIN.

To get the original metal bits off the tensioner rod, I used a dremel and VERY carefully cut down until I could pop it off with a screwdriver. I was EXTREMELY careful with the dremel ... but if you don't have a steady hand, I'd recommend at table vice and hacksaw.

I did make sure I was at TDC compression for each cyclinder I was working on. Getting that spring off the floorboard was a PAIN as well. I ended up putting the pin for the floorboard in backwards when I reassembled. This allows you to remove the pin without having to remove the spring.

Login or Register to Remove Ads