Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2016, 06:10 PM   #1

ivans and more

greetings to all
been waiting for this -- my experience with Ivan was great and let me tell u im a hard sell but when he appeared on web sight it got my attention because of what he offered and other web sights confirmed his claims so that took away some of my doubts - as one member mentioned he didn't want to be first
my ECM came in @ noon so I installed it as per instructions
went for ride 82 miles - temp @ 80 and sunny
start and idle normal but very soon went over hill and down with NO backfire - continued over hills and curves [that's about all we have in e ten] 41 miles at moderate pace 40-65 mph like I normally ride - my MPGuesser got up to 46.6 and had no hesitation or flat spots but did not try WFO -- can tell there is plenty of power without that + construction and traffic did not allow for that nor does my age

at best before this my MPG thing peaked out at 42.7 even though it is not accurate I see an increase of 3.9 mpg

when I got back I checked the eng temp with lazer all around and it was between @ 186 - 200 but normal before this was 110-115 also the head temps were below 200 for the first time
the fan never came on -- when new fans were on a lot until I put the chaps on and that did help cool it off in summer -- but I took the chaps off for this test to compare apples to apples

I have VnH slip ons - KnN air filter - pipes wrapped and removed the dobek processor plug n play unit which is for sale now
the bike was running good before but now is much better will revise this post later after more riding

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by UNCLE WILLIE; 03-10-2016 at 06:27 PM.