Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 12-01-2013, 07:15 PM   #61

[QUOTE=dale55;544235]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestephens View Post
I agree. I like harley's, but how can I be a non-conformist if I blindly conform to all the other non-conformist?

You hit the nail on the head for me! I like all bikes but the bunch I ride with we like to rib each other about our brands but its just funnin. Shut up and ride is what I say.
I have ridden a lot of different brands through the years. All were metric-bikes, so I am used to being "ribbed" by others... however, I own a HD and a Can Am Spyder now and the "ribbing" hasn't ceased one bit no matter what I ride. There is always someone around to say something about what I ride; or someone thinking they have found the "ride" that makes them different than anyone else.

I consider it all fun-n-games when hassling someone about their ride... but at the end of the day it simply comes down to the fact we are "riding".

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-01-2013, 08:41 PM   #62

[QUOTE=glwilson;544242]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dale55 View Post
at the end of the day it simply comes down to the fact we are "riding".
We are riding as long as we don't try to use a bungee chord as our final drive Hey, I'm just saying....................
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 12-02-2013, 07:17 AM   #63

[QUOTE=Top Cat;544266]
Quote:
Originally Posted by glwilson View Post

We are riding as long as we don't try to use a bungee chord as our final drive Hey, I'm just saying....................
Now... was that really necessary Tim? Really...

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 12-02-2013, 09:12 AM   #64

So this year at Thanksgiving my soon to be brother in law was talking about how he and his "club" do a lot of miles. How he loves to ride his Harley... funny thing is he also had to talk about how he and three other members of his "club" left town at 4 a.m. one Friday and returned at 8pm that Sunday doing just over 1800 miles. I was really impressed with the miles they put on.... right up until he started to talk about how his Toyota Truck got crappy mileage hauling 4 Harley's in the trailer!

Old 12-02-2013, 09:18 AM   #65

I tease my brother about his Harley all the time. It's just good fun and as long as we're riding that's all that counts. It doesn't matter what the bike is as long as it runs and gets you there.

2010 Nomad 1700
Metallic Diablo Black/Metallic Titanium

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-02-2013, 09:52 AM   #66

I wish riders would just be riders....you know, Harleys are good bikes and have had a lot of original ideas in there bike history. I love all bikes in general. I think harley riders by average have all treated me good and always ask me about my voyager and the new things on the kawasaki bikes. The idiots are the ones who dont even ride or for that much have a bike that always have a smart krack about metrics. Just keep on brothers and laugh it away........

Old 12-02-2013, 11:15 AM   #67
Advanced Member

[QUOTE=Top Cat;544266]
Quote:

My Vaquero has a belt drive......just saying.....
Rockford Fosgate Punch PEQ Equalizer
Garmin Nuvi 4555 GPS Unit
Kawasaki Aux Light Kit
Ipod Kit w/4th Gen Ipod
Laam Custom Seat w/modified Backrest
Avon Grips w/RACNRAY's mod
Aluminum Mirror Risers
Clearview Large Windshield
Chuckster Trailer Hitch
12v accessory plug
VROC Member #36236

"I have not failed, I just found 10,000 ways that won't work" - Thomas A. Edison

Old 12-02-2013, 12:36 PM   #68
Mega-Contributor

[QUOTE=glwilson;544242]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dale55 View Post

I have ridden a lot of different brands through the years. All were metric-bikes, so I am used to being "ribbed" by others... however, I own a HD and a Can Am Spyder now and the "ribbing" hasn't ceased one bit no matter what I ride. There is always someone around to say something about what I ride; or someone thinking they have found the "ride" that makes them different than anyone else.

I consider it all fun-n-games when hassling someone about their ride... but at the end of the day it simply comes down to the fact we are "riding".
I tease you because you trailer your Harley and anyone who owns a spyder deserves to be heckled. I would never tease you because you own a Harley.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 12-02-2013, 12:46 PM   #69

real motorcycle

I have a 2011 Kawasaki Voyager.I own it because it is the best bike for the money .I could have a Harley but where I live it would cost me about 7000.00 at least for the same accessories mine has.10000 kms and has had oil change only.No problems .48 mpg ,and comfortable.You will always get the comments about metrics,but if you are happy with what you own that is all that counts.Read the article in the last cruiser magazine where the guy says he went to his friends motorcycle shop and there were 5 Harleys that were takin in trade.That never used to be.As he put it the bloom is slowly coming off Harleys rose.Nothing wrong with Harleys ,but you are paying for the name.Just ignore the guy!!!

Old 12-02-2013, 12:47 PM   #70

Us poor folks gotta ride something...
Cobra Scalloped Slip-ons

Thunder Mfg. Intake Gasket
DEI Titanium exhaust header wrap
Corbin heated seat.
Polk Audio db521 speakers
Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 with Mobil 1 M1-110 filter
Kuryakyn Longhorn Offset Dually Highway Pegs
Chrome passenger running board covers
All new fluids and lube.

Old 12-02-2013, 03:16 PM   #71

Had a real biker tell me last fall when I stopped at a gas station on the way to work to get a real bike.... when I walk out of gas station his wont start I asked him if that was part of owning a real bike the real problems.... yes it was an hd. then have been building bikes for a hundred years and still have figured out how to engineer a starter that can acutally turn the dam motor over lol .

Old 12-02-2013, 03:48 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJL View Post
So this year at Thanksgiving my soon to be brother in law was talking about how he and his "club" do a lot of miles. How he loves to ride his Harley... funny thing is he also had to talk about how he and three other members of his "club" left town at 4 a.m. one Friday and returned at 8pm that Sunday doing just over 1800 miles. I was really impressed with the miles they put on.... right up until he started to talk about how his Toyota Truck got crappy mileage hauling 4 Harley's in the trailer!

Ya I know someone like that, as many miles on the trailer as his bike. My Nomad likes being on the road much better than a trailer

Lovin my 2010 Nomad
Rob Woodall
Canadian Motorcycle Cruisers
088 Picton
VBA # 02445

Old 12-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #73

[QUOTE=cactusjack;544346]
Quote:
I tease you because you trailer your Harley and anyone who owns a spyder deserves to be heckled. I would never tease you because you own a Harley.
I only trailer it a couple times a week, and ride it at least one of those times. So what are you saying?

VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 12-03-2013, 07:51 PM   #74

When I bought my Vaquero last May, the previous owner had it serviced at a Harley shop. I met the shop owner, who was a way cool dude, when I went and picked up the bike after some minor adjustments before I rode it away. The owner happened to really love the look and the lines of my new ride, and he always looked forward to the next service date. Sadly, I wouldn't be able to get it serviced at his shop because I lived too far away. Instant trust with this guy though. This gets better - his body and paint guy offered to paint up something special for the bike because he also loved it and had a great paint scheme to let loose on it - I'll keep that in mind when I'm ready for new paint. A couple of Harley owners dropped in and, you couldn't make this up, they both said they were talking about switching over. This is where the shop owner burst out laughing because those two dudes were his longest standing Harley customers. One of them turned to him and seriously repeated that he was thinking of buying a Vulcan, while the other said he was only kidding, he would never switch. Bottom line is that even some Harley owners like the Vulcan line, because they RULE!!

Last edited by HeyJoe; 12-03-2013 at 07:55 PM.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:28 PM   #75

Send a message via Yahoo to Hammy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridemslow View Post
It brings some Harly owners to tears when you point out that some 78% of their American made Motorcycles are actually manufactured outside the USA. Pisses them off to be shown that of that 78% some 80% is Jap. I just remind them that I no longer have to drag a magnet behind me to catch falling parts like I did when I rode Harley.

Is there some place I can find this info out so i can tell my HD friends as i drive them to the mechanics shop to pick up their bike....again!!