Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 05-11-2008, 06:34 PM   #1

Thinking about Intake Upgrade - Forcewinder?

With the 2007 1600 Nomad w V&H Dual Baggers I find I am lacking power and response. I'm naturally starting to look at intakes and I find I'm strangely attracted to the Forcewinder system with a good FI control system. Has anyone attempted this addition? Thoughts? Advice???

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-11-2008, 07:07 PM   #2
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge

Hey mike!

Try to give me a little more of what your goal is? Most opened up exhaust systems as a stand alone modification lose a little torque in the process. Most change exhaust for a tougher sound.

Intake mods in conjunction with exhaust can result in substantial power gains with what lots report is a substantial loss in MPG's. What are ya looking at to do??

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 05-11-2008, 07:22 PM   #3

Don't really care about MPG, I like the sound of the V&H baggers, But I noted only about a 5% better response by the seat-of-the-pants meter. The next logical step is to address intake. I've thought about a straight Caddman upgrade, but like the look of the Forcewinder system and thought it surely would flow more air than stock. Ultimately, goal is better throttle response...I want more response out of the corners
Thanks....

Old 05-11-2008, 10:47 PM   #4
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge

OK. Remember the law of air pumps. You can't take in any more air that you can let out. So a good intake that matches the flow of your new exhaust is what your looking for. It the one your interested in matched well to the exhaust? Maybe. It is a tough looking system.

Since you've expressed no concern for mileage needs you can use this intake system with your baggers and for the Ultimate setup get the PCM111 or equal and have a custom on the dyno mapped program uploaded to your PCM set for max horsepower and or torque.

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005