Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 08-04-2008, 10:54 PM   #1

Need Suggestions for Poker Run

My club is putting on a Historical Run at the end of Sept. We are trying to think up some fun activities we could have at water stops. We are gonna buy some biker rubber ducks and for $1 they can "bob" for a duck and you get an extra door prize ticket and get to keep the duck. We are also gonna have a game called "Pop the Cherry" - basically throw darts at red balloons and recieve the number of tickets the "cherry" that pops uncovers. The monies all go to a local charity.

I would like some suggestions for some other activities we could have. The funnier the better. Let me know what ya'll do in other parts oh the country.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-05-2008, 12:35 AM   #2

I stay away from poker runs cause they all involve bars in this part of the country.

Old 08-05-2008, 02:31 PM   #3
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanstreak031
I stay away from poker runs cause they all involve bars in this part of the country.
Since when is THAT a problem? Just kidding, poker runs are a reason to drink out here too.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 08-05-2008, 03:54 PM   #4

A great idea that I experienced last year....
They turned it into a scavenger / trivia game. they had questions that you had to answer about each stop (NO BARS). Each stop was a sort of historical site or old building and you had to look at each stop to find the answer. They even through in a wild card stop if you chose to go there and find the answer you got one wild card of your choice.

It was actually fun.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:52 PM   #5

OP, I'd ride to Sioux Falls for a poker run like that. That sounds cool.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-05-2008, 10:47 PM   #6

That's exactly what this run is... we found a book with every historical marker in the state listed in it. We set out the run and people answer question from the markers. We will be having water stops - no bars until the end. What I need is things to do at the water stops. This is the 3rd year we have done this and always have a good turn out. This year we will even have a water stop at the location of the charity with tours of the facility. The name of the run is the Hysterical Hystorical Run so we decided to try and actually make it hysterical.
Las year we subnamed it the Tail of the Gecko - 5 or 6 turns in 100 miles. Since it's so damn flat and straight down here.

Come on guys gimme some suggestions!!!

Old 08-06-2008, 12:11 AM   #7

We do a game called "HONEY, I'm home!!"

Basically we have a fake wall with a window in it, and the rider sits in a chair on the inside with their boots off, as soon as someone hollers "Honey, I'm home" they have to get their boots on, climb out the window, jump on their bike start it and drive across a finish line. Best time wins, and no boots don't have to be laced buckled or anything like that

Old 08-06-2008, 05:24 PM   #8

I have an idea fill the water bottles with COLD BEER ;)

Old 08-07-2008, 11:39 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanstreak031
OP, I'd ride to Sioux Falls for a poker run like that. That sounds cool.
They do it every year around the 4 july.

Here is a link: http://www.sdbuildingchapter.org/sub...8&subcat_id=60

It is for a good cause too!

Old 08-07-2008, 11:43 AM   #10

Do a mini golf.....

Putting contest but make put with a wiffle ball. Great for laughs on windy day.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:38 AM   #11
Advanced Member

Our club did a scavenger hunt ride to raise money. What we did was went out and came up with a list of about 25 to 30 things to find and everyone went out to find and take a pic of it. you could use a cell phone or any kind of camera . Some examples are cannon, white picket fence, to just about anything.

Had to find at least 15 items to get some cards then every extra 5 things you found you got another hand.

But if they used a throw away camera they had to go have them developed to get the cards

Had a good turn out, hoping to do it again.

VBA #00077

Old 08-11-2008, 09:30 PM   #12

thanks scoot - that sounds like a lot of fun - sure would cut down on logistic and a route! I'll bring it up to my club

Old 08-12-2008, 01:08 AM   #13

We used to put on a poker run every 4th of July down here. Some of the proceeds went to the Assumption Parish Council on Aging which made all of the proceeds tax free. One thing we did was to write riddles which gave hints on where tokens were hidden. The guy that wrote the riddles was really good at it. The riddles were quite long and you really had to think and reason very hard to figure them out. When you did, and returned the token at any one of the stops, you won $50 cash. All in all there were 5 riddles. Not all were solved though. Also, the first person to draw a pre-chosen card, like the Queen of Spades, would win $100 cash. We did the run for 5 years and many times grossed over $20,000. All of the stops were located around Lake Verrett and could be accessed by boat, auto, or motorcycle. Lots of fun and lots of drunks....

2016 Electra Glide Ultra Limited CVO
Palladium Silver / Phantom Blue
110 cu in SE

2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited (Traded 6/22/16)
Tequila Sunrise / HD Orange
Vance & Hines true dual headers
Rinehart 4" slip ons
Screamin Eagle Super Tuner
Screamin Eagle Stage 1 intake
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

2007 Nomad 1600 (Traded 6/23/12)
VBA #482

Old 08-19-2008, 05:06 PM   #14
Advanced Member

Send a message via MSN to Blue Rebel

I agree with the scavenger run, but if bars are a concern, just put it as a restriction. You can make stops that avoid the bars.

Old 08-19-2008, 05:21 PM   #15

:) Something i have seen done is minnow races- with betting on which minnow wins(say a dollar per minnow) You take 4" or 6" pvc tubing and split it in 1/2(lengthwise) Have 4 lanes! The 'track is about 4ft long. Use some treated wood or 1/2" HDPE (plastic) for end caps( or split actual end caps and glue on). Draw a finish line on the bottom of 1 end, fabricate a starting gate, and let the minnows run. Belt sander races are also a good moneymaker.