Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 06-22-2008, 08:19 PM   #1

Western Rally thoughts

Here are just some misc thoughts on the Western Rally, lets here what you all thought too.

Mesquite was bloody hot.

Zions National Park is awesome. I told you all that it was my favorite ride.

Nico is the same in person. :(" title="" border="0"/> :)

Wolfman's wife, Candice, isn't just photogenic, she looks that way in person too! ;)

The person in the White Dodge truck was a lifesaver with drinks in Zions. Thanks much :)

A big group of Nomads going down the road gets a lot of looks.

Cactus Jack is the only one that will go for a ride in the evening. What's up with all the riding wussies?

Valdez has a very lovely wife, don't know how he pulled that one off?

Blown Dodge isn't a gear head in person :)

I might think of more, but I had a great time!

What are your thoughts?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-22-2008, 09:05 PM   #2

Western Rally thoughts

good thoughts.....

I had a great time. I enjoyed meeting everyone. I discovered I'm not into huge groups although there wasn't anyone there that I didn't like. Some people will think you went too fast some will think you went too slow some will say you went too far and some will say you didn't go far enough you can't please everyone, but we came damn close.

Old 06-22-2008, 09:26 PM   #3

Western Rally thoughts

Here's my thoughts:

Mesquite wasn't just hot...it was ungodly hot...evil hot...so hot it was just WRONG!

Everyone I met from the forum turned out to be genuine. Good people.

It was awesome seeing so many Nomads parked together and going down the road.

White dodge truck = Redeye and his. Wonderful! Thanks so much. The watermelon really hit the spot!

Dan Lund is a wildman! This I already knew, but he just can't get enough riding time in! ;)

Wolfman, ya done great!

CJ, I agree with you; if you look up "biker" in the dictionary you'll see a picture of Valdez.

My brother was quite impressed with how nice everyone is. He even enjoys the jabs at him being the token Harley guy.

Great relationships started here on the forum and strengthened by riding and hanging out together. Idaho, Cactus Jack, Wolfman, Tom, Maurice, Blowndodge, Nico, Wanderer, Valdez, Charlie, Redeye, Mark, MarkG and several others. Looking forward to seeing you all again soon.

Now to go upload my pictures.

Audiogooroo - Daryl Porter
Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad

Old 06-22-2008, 10:27 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Idaho
Western Rally thoughts

Mesquite is HOT in June!!!!!

Duane is an okay dude for a Harley guy.

Zion is more beautiful than you can imagine.

All of the KawaNOW members are awesome.

Candice has a smile that will take your breath away. (Can I say that?) Spencer is a lucky man.

Next time we go to the mountains. We have mountains out west. It gets cold at night.

Nomads are awesome machines.
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Old 06-22-2008, 10:29 PM   #5
Mega-Contributor

Western Rally thoughts

We managed to get 17 bikes to Zion National Park and back to Mesquite safely and with no trouble from the law.

Dan was right, Mrs. Wolfman looks good in pictures, but she is even prettier in person. She's a keeper, WM!

I had a great time meeting everyone. What a great bunch of people! I'd be honored to ride with any of you anytime.

The Hooligans really are.

CaddmannQ is a real person. Mrs. Q is a sweetheart.

Dan not only talks the talk, he walks the walk.

Drink lots of water before, during and after a ride in the desert.

Stay as far away from Mesquite as possible in June, July and August.

Those 16 Nomads all lined up looked pretty cool. I'm sure we turned a few heads that day.

For a Harley rider, Audiogooroo's brother Dwain is an alright guy. It was nice that he came along...and having a good sense of humor helped.

Redeye, thanks to you and Anita for the watermelon break. That really hit the spot.

Maurice aka "the kid" aka "Mo", we're in good shape with guys like you keeping us safe. This former Marine is grateful for your service.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-23-2008, 12:44 AM   #6

Western Rally thoughts

Here's another thought

If there is a spectacular pool, with an awesome waterfall.....but a parking lot that is 105 degrees with a bunch of Nomads grouped together.....

Guess where everyone is going to spend their time :)

Old 06-23-2008, 06:04 PM   #7

Western Rally thoughts

OK, my turn....

What a swell bunch of folks we've got here! I was so happy to meet you all, but there was simply not enough time to say all that needed to be said. Also, I find that I like to ride with a big group, but I do not socialize very well in large groups. That's probably not going to improve in the future unfortunately. I've always been better one-on-one. There was not one person at the rally that I wouldn't want to spend more time with.

I should have changed those @%&*%+!!! shocks before the trip. With a passenger I simply could not keep up on any fast sweeper. The heavy crosswinds made it worse.

Kolob Terrace was awesome. Just about as awesome a ride as the park itself. I'm sorry there was no time to ride Kolob Canyons, and Bryce, and around Monument Valley and the Grand Canyon itself.

OK, there was time. There just wasn't the energy. That kind of weather wrings the pi$$ right out of me, and I was really concerned that my wife would get sick. She does not have my stamina on a bike, and frankly mine isn't what it used to be either.

Not having been to Arizona since 1972, I had forgotten what the desert is really like. It's not just hot. Clovis gets that hot too. It's the pervasive, forbidding, overwhelming desolation that impresses you the most.

Las Vegas is the worlds biggest little construction zone. Going through Vegas was the worst part of the trip. I will avoid that in the future at all costs.

I'm sorry I forgot to take my alergy pills. That sage just killed my sinuses. That ruined Thursday night for me and I didn't get to socialize as much as I would have liked. I owe some of you drinks that I hope you'll eventually get to collect. In the mean time I raise my glass to you all. Cheers!

Old 06-23-2008, 06:05 PM   #8

Western Rally thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Lund
...If there is a spectacular pool, with an awesome waterfall.....but a parking lot that is 105 degrees with a bunch of Nomads grouped together.....

Dan, I was ready to ride the Nomad right through that pool by the time we got back to the Casa Blanca.

Old 06-23-2008, 06:25 PM   #9

Western Rally thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddmannq
Quote:
...If there is a spectacular pool, with an awesome waterfall.....but a parking lot that is 105 degrees with a bunch of Nomads grouped together.....

Dan, I was ready to ride the Nomad right through that pool by the time we got back to the Casa Blanca.
I understand, that is why I left a day early.

On Thurs I rode from Bryce canyon with Valdez. We rode through Zions, did a short hike, did the Kolob ride, ate lunch, then headed down to Mesquite at about 3:00 or 4:00pm. That freeway furnace sucked bad.

I decided that down and back was enough for me, and that I didn't need to do it 2 extra times, so I skipped Fri night and headed home from our ride.

I don't know why that stretch annoyed me so, but I didn't want to do it all again.

Old 06-23-2008, 07:08 PM   #10

Western Rally thoughts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by caddmannq

I understand, that is why I left a day early.

On Thurs I rode from Bryce canyon with Valdez. We rode through Zions, did a short hike, did the Kolob ride, ate lunch, then headed down to Mesquite at about 3:00 or 4:00pm. That freeway furnace sucked bad.

I decided that down and back was enough for me, and that I didn't need to do it 2 extra times, so I skipped Fri night and headed home from our ride.

I don't know why that stretch annoyed me so, but I didn't want to do it all again.
I know why that stretch annoyed you so much; I saw satan himself packing up and leaving because it was just too damn hot. ;)

Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad

Old 06-23-2008, 09:48 PM   #11

Western Rally thoughts

Yes. Everything you guys said but said it much better than I could ever say it.

WM and CJ did a great job. They both tried to kill me with the ride on the desert to Mesquite! But ahaa, I lived you suckers!

Cactusjack said the "Hooligans really are". But where do you think he was partying at the whole time (now that he is one of them)?! He and The Kid (Maurice).

Audiogooroo is really a great guy -- he turned around and went back for someone that had a meltdown on the highway -- I saw him do it.

His brother Drew (sorry Dwaine) should be allowed to join (he's a Hooligan too).

CaddmanQ showed up at 5 am in the morning on Saturday to wish us well on our ride home!

Redeye and his beautifull wife Anita... saved us at Zion and were great company!

To all the rest of you that I met anew -- thank you!

TomK

Old 06-23-2008, 10:09 PM   #12
Mega-Contributor

Western Rally thoughts

Quote:
Cactusjack said thCactusjack said the "Hooligans really are". But where do you think he was partying at the whole time (now that he is one of them)?! He and The Kid (Maurice).
Really? I'm a HOOLIGAN now? Gentlemen, I'm honored.

I wasn't partying - I was keeping an eye on Nico like I told Sue I would. Honest. ::) Really. ::)
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 06-23-2008, 10:26 PM   #13
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
Western Rally thoughts

My thoughts:

Mrs. Wolfman (candice) has poor eyesite!!! LOL More beautiful in person which was shocking

Wolfman is quieter around a crowd than I thought he would be. He's outgoing on the phone.

CJ is a crack up. his intelligent humor had me in stitches.

Redeye and his wife were so accomodating and nice.

Audiogooroo and Dwayne are two fun guys. I'm glad Dwayne come with him.

Valdez is a legend...........you can see that in his eyes as he talks about his past riding experiences.

Maurice aka "The Kid" has a voice that makes Nico's voice sound like a total pu........y
He is a very mature young man and I hope he stays safe defending our nation. God keep you safe my friend.

Dan is really that crazy! I agree that he knows no place he wouldn't ride his Nomad!! Very nice to me even if he did call me a p*ssy for not going on the second ride after Zion!!

tomk I rode up with was steller. Unfortunately he had some ERGO issues and sleep issues in Mesquite that took a lot of his outgoing humor out of him as I knew he was in lots of pain.

Hearing all those Nomads in the tunnel in Zion is a sound I will never forget!!

Mark is a safe rider who can spin yarn with the best of them.

the weather was waaaaaay too hot !!! I haven't been in heat like that for years.

I was the only one who got soaked in the Virgin River!!!

I got to lead a lot of the riding. Looking in my rear view mirror always brought a smile to my face.

Cadd and Judy were like old friends of mine. Judy really is a trouper and Cadd is a lucky man.

Cadd and I did not talk shop for most of the trip.

Todd called me every night and gave me an update on his Rally. He always sounded like he was "Beer Thirty". LOL

Idaho was as nice as can be. Bud looked different in person. I hope to ride up to Idaho to see him someday.

Mesquite in April would be awesome!!

I'd do it again..

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 06-23-2008, 10:32 PM   #14

Western Rally thoughts

Mesquite in April WOULD be AWESOME!!

Old 06-23-2008, 10:43 PM   #15

Western Rally thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfman
Mesquite in April WOULD be AWESOME!!
Definitely!
But getting there could be a bit dicey for me. Mountain passes between me and there are still measuring snow in feet in April!

Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad