Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada East Group

Old 04-05-2020, 07:57 AM   #1

“ no action “

It’s 2020 and there is “ NO ACTION “ on this site, what gives. Waited through the long winter for a gathering announcement of some sort , for a few days of riding. Seems in one sense that it was the right thing, most if not all would have cancelled, as here in Atlantic Canada no travelling between provinces is allowed. I hope that riding of any kind will not be forbidden. I missed the 2019 season waiting for shoulder surgery, which finally happened the beginning of January. Now getting itchy. Bike is in the shop, changing the Timing Chains. Hope to pick it up sometime this week.
Hope all made it through the off season healthy and eager to ride. Take care of yourselves as we all go through this Pandemic. Hope to see you all once again “ROCKING DOWN THE HIGHWAY”. Prayers to all.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-05-2020, 11:32 AM   #2

good to hear you are well . I have tried a few times to get folks to think about rides and where they plan to go when this is over . we have several planned and just waiting and working on the bike . Best to You and Yours ! V Scott and Sherri Speer

Old 04-05-2020, 03:06 PM   #3

Hey Pete. Glad your surgery went well and are eager to get back at it. I haven't been out yet here in Ontario. I know lots of people that have. The ride or not to ride debate is certainly a thing here. I have friends and riding buddies on both sides of the argument. They want us to stay home in Ontario but the lure of the bike is great.
Hope you and your family are healthy. Take care

Lovin my 2010 Nomad
Rob Woodall
Canadian Motorcycle Cruisers
088 Picton
VBA # 02445

Old 04-05-2020, 06:10 PM   #4

I was going to go out to Idaho in late May early June but with the existing problems likely to get worse those plans have been cancelled. Local riding only.....getting out of the state would be easy but the states I have to go through once I leave SD aren't being very friendly to travelers.

Old 04-05-2020, 07:09 PM   #5

Hey Pete! Glad to hear your shoulder surgery went well. I haven't been able to ride since about 2 weeks after I got home from Baddeck in 2018. I had shoulder replacement last April, but didn't have enough strength to handle the Voyager until after the fall riding season was over. I hope to be riding again very soon.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-05-2020, 08:56 PM   #6

Hi Pete,
Glad to hear you finally got that shoulder surgery done and looking forward to riding again. That was an unbelievably long wait to get that taken care of.
No, there isn’t much in the way of formal rallies anymore and most of the activity is on Facebook these days, but some of us do still try to stay in touch with the thought of some group rides.
Missed a couple of seasons of riding myself and looking forward to this summer, but wondering what we’ll be able to do. Guess we’ll just have to wait and see.
Stay healthy, and hope to see you down the road as well.
Take care,
Tom

Tom Maziarz (tomm)
VBA #00766
2008 Kawasaki Nomad (Black)
1978 Suzuki GS750EC (My son is riding it now.)

2017: National Rally - Lake George, NY
2016: NE US / E Canada Rally - Mont Tremblant, QC
2015: National Rally - Eureka Springs, AR
2014: NE US / E Canada Rally - Lincoln, NH
2012: NE US / E Canada Rally - Wellsboro, PA

Old 04-06-2020, 10:38 AM   #7

Thanks for the well wishes. Was good to get the shoulder surgery repaired the Rotator Cuff but wasn’t able to re-attach the muscle, surgeon said the tendon was shredded, his words. Got a call January 6th, they had a cancellation. Wanted to know if I was interested. Was on the table 8am Wednesday, January 8th. Still have a lot of physio to do but with this virus the Physiotherapists were ordered closed. I keep up my exercises and am improving weekly. Have to drive 2 1/2 hours to get my bike, and plan to ride it home. I feel I’m ready to ride, strength is improving. Last I talked to my Physiotherapist, he felt I should be good to ride. Was planning a ride to Ontario this summer but that is now on hold until summer of 2021.
Good to hear some of you have survived the winter. Now hope you all survive this pandemic. Hope to see you all again riding down the highway of life. Be safe both on the bike, and in life.