Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 01-09-2018, 02:21 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_7 View Post
If I move my K&N to the right side, is it hard to remove the crossover tube?
No.It's of no use to man nor beast.Cut it all to bits,and get rid of it the best way you can.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-09-2018, 02:23 PM   #17

Well, the crossover tube is a bitch to get out under any circumstances, but a necessity if you want to clean things up and want performance....
Use a cable cutter to get it out, once out, you can seal the backing plate opening and do the Caddman thing, which is Low buck.
Me myself, I use Chucksters air cleaner, but use a 3" - 3 1/2" tall air cleaner to keep the performance up. 2" is just a tad too restrictive with the Thunder stuff and performance parts....The crossover tube and left hand dogbowl is really restrictive....
Well, the hypercharger is just a joke as performance is concerned. BUT, if you get rid of that damn adapter dumajiggy between the the hypercharger and throttlebody, you can actually pick up some power using the ram air effect.
I stripped out the spring/plunger, cut out the rear with the round hole and all, put in a new piece of alum.
Then, I transfered the throttlebody gasket to the rear of the plate, up toward the top. Works great! Actually a nice performance increase without a plunger, spring, butterflys, extra screws adapter bullshit.
Whats nice, is you can run the hypercharger, and still clean your throttlebody.....if thats your thing.
Gives you another option....

---------------------
Don't start no schit,
there won't be no schit....
*My Sarcasm is directly proportional
to the amount of Stupidity involved*
---------------------
VBA#03239
VROC#37400

VRA
---------------------
2014 Vaquero
2001 Nomad FI
2003 Street Glide (sold)
1500 Meanie, fresh rebuild (sold)
90s BUBF Bobber (sold)
2001 UltraCycle FatPounder (Sold)
1975 HD ElectraGlide (Sold)
1982 Kawasaki Z1 Chopper (Sold)
Suck It Up & Ride!

Last edited by DragonLady58; 01-09-2018 at 02:36 PM.

Old 01-09-2018, 02:44 PM   #18

Similar job.I kept the original right hand backing plate,gaffer taped the crossover intake,and some other holes up.Fitted an 8 1/2 in K&N under the dog bowl with an extended collar bolt.So i got about 2in of filter showing,but can get 3in when needed A $10 fix,and 5yrs later,she still breathes good enough for me