Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 05-21-2008, 06:49 PM   #1

The Difference

The Difference

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yessiree Bob.

John McCain, Hillary Clinton and Barack Hussein Obama were walking down the street in Washington DC when they came upon a homeless man.
John McCain gave the man his business card and told the homeless man to come to his office for a job. He then took $20 out of his pocket and gave it to the man.
Hillary was very impressed, so when they came upon another homeless person, she decided to help. She walked over to him and gave him directions to the welfare office. She then reached into John McCain's pocket, took out $20. She kept $15 for herself for administrative fees and gave the homeless man $5.
When they came upon yet another homeless man, Barak told him to "have hope...change is coming..." and gave him nothing.

Now do you understand the difference?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-21-2008, 07:44 PM   #2

The Difference

I GET IT NOW!!!

Old 05-21-2008, 09:14 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Idaho
The Difference

Let me see.......spin from the six o'clock news........

John McCain was trying to keep the man in servantude to himself.

Hillary did the same but collected much needed tax revenue to pay hospital bills for illegal aliens and Bills retirement.

Barrack tried to encourage the man to work on his own to make something of himself.

How'd I do?
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Old 05-21-2008, 10:24 PM   #4

The Difference

Got it!!!!

Old 05-22-2008, 07:49 AM   #5

Send a message via Yahoo to jussmatt
The Difference

Pretty Much hit the nail on the head there Idaho!!!

I sat down with my teenager yesterday to have a conversation about politics. Asked her what she knew about it...what her views were and such. To my surprise she did have a little clue. Told her the reason why I wanted to find out what she knew was because I'M SICK TO DEATH of hearing people, young and old, interviewed on the streets on their candidate and why.....and their answer being, "Barrack because it's time we had a change." Of course they have NO idea who/what/when/why/how "change" will or can occur. I figured it was my parental duty to do what the schools obviously aren't doing any more....and that's TEACH my child something worth wild about the REAL WORLD...and not the stupid MTV Reality Show!!!

It wasn't about trying to persuade her really one way or the other...but more informational about how the Presidency and Congress and the Government work as a whole and who is responsible for what.... and why each position is an important role....and to JUDGE and CHOOSE wisely by a person's character and history and knowledge rather than just be a sheep and follow all the propaganda crap that's being showed down everybody's throats!!!

Ok....off my soap box for a while now!!! LOL!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-24-2008, 09:37 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to Idaho
The Difference

Matt you are right. Our problem is that we allow, expect, our kids to make decision based on sound bites. No body teaches how to think critcally and make decisions based on carefully considered facts. We have a whole population of happily ignorant people voting for things they don't understand. Scares the crap outa me.
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Old 05-27-2008, 03:40 PM   #7

The Difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho (High Plains Drifter)
Matt you are right. Our problem is that we allow, expect, our kids to make decision based on sound bites. No body teaches how to think critcally and make decisions based on carefully considered facts. We have a whole population of happily ignorant people voting for things they don't understand. Scares the crap outa me.
You and me both...and I'm afraid it's only going to get worse!! They're so quick to quote something that....let me stop right there....they're so quick to "regurgitate" something they heard on TV without even listening to what they're saying.... I'm not trying to pick on one political party or the other....but Barak's comments were priceless..... "We live in the greatest country in the world.... Now...help me change it!" I mean what the hell was that???? And people applaud that and run with it.... I just won't let my kids fall into that "sheeple" category as Audiogooroo calls it!!

Old 05-28-2008, 09:46 AM   #8

The Difference

I like the scenario.I also like the fact that Matt takes the time to talk to his children

Old 05-28-2008, 10:25 AM   #9

The Difference

Thanks Meanstreak!! I would imagine most of us here do the same. My hard part is trying not to push my political views on them...but make them want to question and and be knowledgable about who they want to believe in. And that goes for everything...not just politics.

Old 05-28-2008, 10:27 AM   #10

The Difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanstreak031
I like the scenario.I also like the fact that Matt takes the time to talk to his children
+1

Old 05-28-2008, 11:43 AM   #11

The Difference

Jussmatt,

I agree, the schools could teach more about politics/US government to the kids BUT, one day a kid will come home all "educated" and decide who they would vote for, if they were old enough, and the parent won't like who the kid chose and sue the school for teaching that kind of stuff!!!

Old 05-28-2008, 12:07 PM   #12

The Difference

Scary thought flightdoc....but probably true!!! Ugh... Time for Home Schooling!!! LOL!

Old 05-28-2008, 01:24 PM   #13
Top Contributor

The Difference

That's how you got your 4th grade edjumacation, right Matt?

Flightdoc, you make a very good point, sad that's it would probably be true, but a good point nontheless.

What gets me is all Barak ever talks about is change, but change what? And for whom? It's amazing how gullible people can be when they want to vote for someone because of race, gender or ignorance.
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD

Old 05-28-2008, 01:49 PM   #14

The Difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWB,voices tell me evil things
That's how you got your 4th grade edjumacation, right Matt?
You guessed it baldy!! LOL! Now...do something useful...get me a beer! Leave the politics to us grown ups!!

Old 05-28-2008, 04:21 PM   #15

The Difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWB,voices tell me evil things
...What gets me is all Barak ever talks about is change, but change what? And for whom?....
You got a point. I'm living OK. I'm not rich, but if my Nomad blew up I could go pay cash for another one tomorrow and I wouldn't have to skip lunch or sell my grandaughters to some Arab.

Gas could be cheaper, my mutual funds could be growing faster, they could quit screwing with the TV seasons, but if I look at the world as a whole 90% of the people in it don't have things as good as I (Mr. Middle class American) do. What real changes do I actually want?

What I really want is the Libertarians to win about 1/3 the seats in the House & Senate so they can constantly look over the shoulders of the Republicans and Democrats. What I want is immigration laws that make sense, and the effective enforcement of them. What I want is a government that follows the laws of the US Constitution and takes obsolete and unconstitutional laws off the books. What I want is limits to the injuries environmentalists can do to society.

Somehow I just don't think Obama could swing any of that.

Unfortunately, Hillary and John can't do it either.