In Association with VBA Web : Memorial | Merchandise

Important Info : Please Read!
If this is your first visit to our new forum (est. 9.20.11) and you're already registered on the old forum, you'll have to request a new password in order to log in here. To do so, please Click Here and fill in the proper info. You must use the email address that you originally registered with on the old forum. You will then be emailed a new password (if you don't see it, please check your spam/junk folder). If you have any problems at all, please email us at mail@VulcanBagger.com. Thanks!

Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic > Lighter Side/Jokes
Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2008, 03:58 PM   #16
Top Contributor

My Dad

Ponch, there are no words to be said that will lesson your loss. I lost my dad in 1987. He too served our country in WW II but never saw combat. He was on a ship in the Pacific when Japan surrendered. He was always my hero. Your dad will live on in your memory. My deepest condolences. Thank you for sharing with us.

Bob
USAF-Vietnam vet.

Bob
KawaNOW/VBA 210
Green/Silver 2006
Patriot Guard Riders 2009
Old 01-22-2008, 04:24 PM   #17

My Dad

Ponch, condolensces to you. I think your dad would agree we are doing fine as long as parents raise their children to be like you. Your neighbor in Nebraska.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:03 PM   #18

My Dad

May you feel God's presence in your family's time of need. May you smile often with fond memories of your father and may you continue to feel your father's presence in your life.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:26 PM   #19

My Dad

My Condolences. They were a great generation....my Dad who is still with us but not doing well servered at the end of WWII then again in Korea. My father-in law, whom I was extremely close to passed two years ago. He servered in WWII, ( Navy),was a boat driver that carried the troops to the beaches in all the big invasions in Europe. Couldn't swim a stoke to the day he died!!!!!
I miss him. Hang in there.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:39 PM   #20
Top Contributor

My Dad

Ponch I'm so sorry for your loss. You and yours will be in my prayers. I lost my Dad in April and think about him everyday. I was fortunate enough to work side by side with him for over 30 years and I know it's tough, especially when they're taken suddenly.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:46 PM   #21
Advanced Member

My Dad

Ponch,

I'm sorry for your loss. Your dad sounded like a great man and a real hero. I lost my father 5 years ago and although we only saw each other a few times a year, we talked on the phone every Sunday night. I too miss those calls.

Hang in there buddy. I'm sure you have a lot of great memories to cherish.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:03 PM   #22

My Dad

Ponch,
Sorry about your loss, Hang in there brother. It seems like you have some great memories.Your family and you wiill be in my prayers.
Your father will surely be proud to know that you will pass the great memories and the values he taught you to his grand children.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:19 PM   #23

My Dad

Sorry for your loss Ponch. Your father sounds a great man and a genuine hero. He was fortunate to have a family who cared. After all is said and done all we really have is family and each other. You and your family are in our prayers.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:14 AM   #24
Advanced Member

My Dad

ponch,
Sorry to hear about your dad. Mine was a navigator in B-17s. He is still alive, but has alzheimer's, and is not doing too good. He was in the 398th bomb group, 601st squadron. My mom used to say dad would ride up on an old Indian mortorcycle when he was courting her and spray gravel all over the place. This evidently pissed her father off quite a bit. The WWII vets are a great generation. It's sad to see them pass.
Paul
Old 01-23-2008, 02:47 PM   #25
Sr. Contributor

My Dad

My Dad was in the 305th Bombardment Group, 364th Squadron in Chelveston England.

Quote:
ponch,
Sorry to hear about your dad. Mine was a navigator in B-17s. He is still alive, but has alzheimer's, and is not doing too good. He was in the 398th bomb group, 601st squadron. My mom used to say dad would ride up on an old Indian mortorcycle when he was courting her and spray gravel all over the place. This evidently pissed her father off quite a bit. The WWII vets are a great generation. It's sad to see them pass.
Paul
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11
Old 01-23-2008, 02:58 PM   #26

Send a message via AIM to donguer Send a message via Yahoo to donguer
My Dad

Ponch,
Pease accept my condolences. I know how you feel. It really sucks. Wish you would have told me you were in town I would have passed by to pay my respects.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:03 AM   #27

Send a message via AIM to Idaho
My Dad

Hey Ponch, I can tell from your write up about your Dad that you thought a lot about him and miss him. You are lucky to have had a Father like that. My deepest sympathies. God's Peace be with you.
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter
Old 01-24-2008, 12:06 AM   #28
Advanced Member

My Dad

Ponch
I feel your pain Ponch. I lost my father a few years back to cancer and my brother last October in a bike accident. Prayers will be sent for you and your family! Sorry for your loss!

Mike

Mike Donahue
Morinville, AB
VBA#17

"Every day above ground is a good one!"
Old 01-26-2008, 01:02 PM   #29

My Dad

Hey ponch, Haven't heard from you in a while. Hope you and your family are doing ok. I know it is a very difficult time for you right now. You know that no one ever knows what to do or say when something like this happens but you ask that dumb question everytime and you know what the answer is, which is how are you doing? Like we don't know how you are doing. Just makes us not worry so much if we hear from you every now and then. Sorry if i am bothering you just wanted to make sure you are alright. Prayers to you and your family.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:48 PM   #30

My Dad

Sorry for your loss. Thanks to your Dad and many like him we're not speaking german today.