Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2022, 05:55 PM   #1

Question Ivan's reflash ECU

I have had 2 reflashes from Ivan and been pretty happy. Only problem I have had is after winter sitting and starting up again in the spring the initial start is very hard to get started. Prior to the flash it always started first time, ran on high idle and then settled down and was fine starting every time after that. Now in the spring for the past 2 years it is a bear to start. Lots of backfiring and hard to start and keep running upon the first start after it does its thing when you turn the key on. Have to hold the throttle to keep it running and it stalls a couple of times until it settles down. After the first start of the season the bike starts perfectly every time after. There seems to be some low speed surging now that never happened before as well. Anyone experiencing the first start problems after being laid up over the winter. The bike is always put away with fresh gas with stabilizer. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thought I would ask before I give Ivan a call. Thanks in advance

Login or Register to Remove Ads