Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > New Member Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-24-2008, 03:58 PM   #1
Advanced Member

New member- Maryland

Hi everyone,

Have been a member of VROC for a long time, but my latest project bike was an '06 Nomad. Got the salvage title cleared in NY just last week, so she'll be on the road by spring.

One of the KawaNOW members, Paul Henrichs, advertised a luggage rack on VROC, I bought it, and, in passing, he mentioned this group.

Bought my first bike with the money I made during the summer before my senior year in HS. It was a Honda S-90! Wild Angels was out around then. Hunter S. Thompson had written his "Hells Angels" book.

Went in the army at the end of 67, and over the years, have had a number of bikes, building up to a Triumph 650 when I met the woman who became my wife. Kids put bikes on the back shelf for a long time.

When the kids were out, a cousin loaned me his Honda 1100 for a ride. I mentioned the good price to my wife, and she said, "Why don't you get one?" Got a Yamaha Virago 1100 within a week on eBay. Then, for more comfortable 2-up riding, used eBay to buy a salvage Vulcan, restored it, and got rid of the Yamaha. Re-built a couple others until now I'm close to putting the Nomad on the road.

Don't know what my next project will be yet.

This looks like a nice site.

Login or Register to Remove Ads