Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories

Old 10-31-2013, 09:55 AM   #16

Thumbs Up A "thank you" to VulcanE (Cliff) and JLReeves

Just wanted to let the forum know what great people VulcanE and JLReeves are, and how they volunteered their own time to help me out. We live about 30 minutes/miles apart from each other. i'm in the middle, and each of them live 30 minutes away in the opposite directions. I bought 1600 engine guard chaps on the forum a while back and created my own pair, but wanted to ensure the fit was correct before sending them to a customer. I contacted both VulcanE and JLReeves because I noticed that they lived close and own 1600s.

After work Tuesday, VulcanE rode his bike over to my house and let me use his bike to check the fit of my chaps. It was a good thing too. The set I had made was too snug, and I also needed to extend them another 1 inch toward the radiator. He would not accept payment, so we settled on me modifying his existing set of chaps to better suit his needs. It started sprinkling when he was suiting up to leave, so I'll have to go to his house sometime soon and pick up his chaps to mod them.

JLReeves agreed to let me try out my chaps on his bike. He would've let me meet him sooner but he was traveling with his family on the weekends I was available.

This forum really is a great wealth of knowledge and good people. Thanks guys for your help. I am now 100% confident in the fit of my 1600 chaps.

VBA #02442
VROC Member
PGR (Patriot Guard Riders)
MMCI (Masonic Motorcycle Club International)

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Author Unknown

01 Kaw Nomad 1500 (Vintage Red)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-31-2013, 10:20 AM   #17

Good folks all around.. never had an issue with anyone here.

David Hollinger
2002 Beige 1500 "Hannah2"
VBA # 02195

Old 12-09-2013, 10:47 AM   #18
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan313 View Post
I would like to order a set of chaps for my 1500 nomad. I sent you a PM and an e-mail

Thanks,
Lenny
I'm ready. Froze my butt off this past weekend . I'll send you a pm too. The photos of my crash bars and peg locations are attached to this back a page. Let me know on the pm what I need to do?

Thanks

Dan

VBA member #01682
Green 1999 Nomad 1500 carb'd 43,000 miles
JOG'd at 20,000, JOG failed at 40,000
SOG'd at 40,000
Darksider

Last edited by danimal2; 12-13-2013 at 08:56 AM.

Old 12-09-2013, 12:53 PM   #19

Got your payment and viewed pics. Will start on them tomorrow and hopefully get them to you this weekend. Thanks for your business.

VBA #02442
VROC Member

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Author Unknown

Old 12-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #20

Everyone, I'll be taking a couple of weeks off (from making chaps) around Christmas and New Year's to spend time with the family and travel. If anyone is interested in chaps, please let me know in the next couple of days so I can get them completed and sent to you by christmas. If you have any questions, let me know.

I have not finished altering the bag guard chaps yet. With my bike being down for a week or so, it put me behind on everything else. I'm finializing the fit on Vaquero chaps as well (thanks to Godfather).

VBA #02442
VROC Member

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-09-2013, 05:13 PM   #21

My pleasure. Sorry we didn't get it together. Still ought ride to eat, all 3 of us.
VulcanBagger #01711, VRA/GA VRA, SCRC,
VROC #29671, AMA #1085989,
Red Knights MC GA-18 Pres, PGR

Old 12-10-2013, 11:27 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlreeves View Post
My pleasure. Sorry we didn't get it together. Still ought ride to eat, all 3 of us.
Great idea JL. Now that I replaced the fuel pump, i'm back on 2 wheels. My weekends are busy up until Christmas, but afterwards I'd be fine with it. I have a good friend in Kennesaw (he has a C50) that would like to join us.

VBA #02442
VROC Member