Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > SouthCentral Group

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2017, 07:13 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhead View Post
Yeah, I had to leave a day early to beat most of it. I wanted to rent a Uhaul in Hugo but it was $1,200.00! he told me if I could make it to Hot Springs I could get one for around $600.00. It was a overcast, breezy pretty day so instead of spending money we decided we'd ride. We stopped for the night just West of Nashville. We left out in a drizzle around Nine and got to the Uhaul place where there was a line where we got a quote of $775.00! Good Grief, the pissy deal in Hugo was better!! So we checked the weather and it looked like scattered showers and a big one in Knoxville which looked like we could blast through.

With a steady rain, the rain increasing and moving East, going through hwy. construction, hurricane refugees, and extra stops for my wife we did about four hundred miles in twelve hours.

I was in the biker zone, focused on getting home and full of adrenaline. I think my wife was in the, "If I ever get my ass off this thing, I'll never get back on again' zone. I don't mind bad weather at all. It's a part of it and it gives a story to tell, like when we rode to Key West. Gene, was riding behind me and remembered me holding my arms down to dump the rain out of my jacket when it would puddle up wrists.

Oh yeah, Dave insisted strongly that I ride to his house and get his truck and trailer which was a good gesture.

All in all, Vic and Katie through another fantastic Rally! On the way out, the temps never broke 75* and it felt like the days when Dad would load us up and head to grandma's for Thanksgiving.

I can't wait to do it again!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhead View Post
I never seen a week of mild weather like this forecast.
After going for all these years I kinda like to see the unexpected weather.
Careful what you wish for.
VBA #628
IBA #54485