Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 06-01-2013, 11:30 AM   #1
Sr. Contributor

Do we

Do we have a ignore feature here.

There are 2 guys I want to bury and never see a word from. If not, I am done in the 1500 and 1600 tech board. MAC

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-01-2013, 11:39 AM   #2

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
Gosh Mac, I hope it ain't me, but Blowndodge knows how to do it. He's also good for worrying the hell out of somebody if you need that feature as well.

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 06-01-2013, 11:44 AM   #3

Ok here we go:

If there are particular members that bother you and you do not want to see their posts or receive Private Messages and Emails from them, then you can add these members to your 'Ignore List'. There are several ways to do this:

Through your User Control Panel: User CP, Settings & Options, Edit Ignore List. Then, type their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'.

I reckon I'll know if it's me directly.

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 06-01-2013, 11:48 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhead View Post
Ok here we go:

If there are particular members that bother you and you do not want to see their posts or receive Private Messages and Emails from them, then you can add these members to your 'Ignore List'. There are several ways to do this:

Through your User Control Panel: User CP, Settings & Options, Edit Ignore List. Then, type their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'.

Good to know! Thanks for the tutorial, hopefully you can read this
VBA #02389
VROC #24810

Old 06-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #5
Sr. Contributor

LOL No man it's new guys with post counts well under 500. Never in my life has anyone ever gone into my Dunce Box before on any site, but instantly as soon as i get this figured 2 guys from here will be.

If anyone in the 1500/1600 room has a comment or a problem I guess they will need to pm me and alert me to their thread as well. Just now I am smokin mad.

Thankee' mac

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-01-2013, 11:52 AM   #6

I'm sorry to hear that. I am an auto tech. of twenty years. Own my own shop for the last seven. I wouldn't be in this place if it hadn't been for older wiser tech's that were willing to put time, energy and effort into teaching me. I have the utmost respect for those men because they had nothing to gain for the education that they gave me. It was a most valuable gift. It bought my house, supports my family, and pays for everything I own. Knowledge and wisdom are gift that cannot have a price put on them. Being an auto tech and understanding how much one really needs to know to fix an automobile right (the first time), I never worked on my own bikes. I let respected bike shops do it, because I realized that they have their time and energy into learning their trade. That was before I found this forum. Now, because of guys like you, that give their opinion based on their years of experience, I wouldn't hesitate to do pretty much anything to my bike. Your opinion is valued, but rarely do we let someone know that. Usually we are more vocal in our complaints and arguments. Please, feel appreciated not frustrated. Let those who won't consider experienced opinions learn through their own foolish mistakes. I worked with guys like, and have employed a few guys like that. They won't ever make it professionally. Not in my industry, where you only get paid for what you do right. (unless you work for the dealership - had to add that) There, I said my peace. Do what you must.

Old 06-01-2013, 12:05 PM   #7
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffsmountainauto View Post
I'm sorry to hear that. I am an auto tech. of twenty years. Own my own shop for the last seven. I wouldn't be in this place if it hadn't been for older wiser tech's that were willing to put time, energy and effort into teaching me. I have the utmost respect for those men because they had nothing to gain for the education that they gave me. It was a most valuable gift. It bought my house, supports my family, and pays for everything I own. Knowledge and wisdom are gift that cannot have a price put on them. Being an auto tech and understanding how much one really needs to know to fix an automobile right (the first time), I never worked on my own bikes. I let respected bike shops do it, because I realized that they have their time and energy into learning their trade. That was before I found this forum. Now, because of guys like you, that give their opinion based on their years of experience, I wouldn't hesitate to do pretty much anything to my bike. Your opinion is valued, but rarely do we let someone know that. Usually we are more vocal in our complaints and arguments. Please, feel appreciated not frustrated. Let those who won't consider experienced opinions learn through their own foolish mistakes. I worked with guys like, and have employed a few guys like that. They won't ever make it professionally. Not in my industry, where you only get paid for what you do right. (unless you work for the dealership - had to add that) There, I said my peace. Do what you must.
I see you.. I see c_law23 too....

I got a few years on you in age and in the tech world. I was around when Bosch first came out with D jetronics which just happens to be the same thing we have on 1500's and 1600's Nomads The first of D jet came to be on Volvo 122 S Amazon series in 1968 and i was there.

There were very few 122's with D jet as they were ending and so D jet went into the first of the 140 series square Volvo.

This makes a TFI a walk in the park for a guy like me, but i just got my toes stepped on, and so it is. Guys will a post count of under 500 and that have a 1500 or 1600 Nomad are not first owners.

You should know that book spec is just that a book spec and a place to start working from not 'THE' place to set things and just walk away.

I can't say how many books state on a carbed engine to set the mix screw at 1.5 turns out... That's a DUH ain't it?
That's a spec for a new engine so it might run when you first turn the key. After that engine has warmed up to fill operational temps you can usually add more fuel to get the BEST MIX.

So i made the mistake of telling the How To which i won't make again.

Set it by the book and walk...

2 guys gone...

Just last week i got a check in the mail. It's like mana from heaven.. I just said the right words blind as usual and was of course correct.

I had no idea any check was coming. That just happens sometimes.

Not wanting good free advice won't hurt me a bit.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Old 06-01-2013, 12:07 PM   #8
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Ok here we go:

Thanks man I just didn't know if we had such features and have never used one before. But it works great..

No guys with well over 1,000 post would do that to me.

Dead thread now.....

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Old 06-01-2013, 12:09 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_law23 View Post
Good to know! Thanks for the tutorial, hopefully you can read this
It all lies within the art of copy and glue, Grasshopper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac View Post
LOL No man it's new guys with post counts well under 500. Never in my life has anyone ever gone into my Dunce Box before on any site, but instantly as soon as i get this figured 2 guys from here will be.

If anyone in the 1500/1600 room has a comment or a problem I guess they will need to pm me and alert me to their thread as well. Just now I am smokin mad.

Thankee' mac
I know. There's several members that we never hear from any more, cause brad n tim have made climb atop electric trains and grab the wire.
This guy videoed his for your entertainment.
'graphic"

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

Old 06-01-2013, 12:12 PM   #10
Sr. Contributor

Jeff, I am sure you have seen guys with cars and bikes that know nothing of mechanics do damned dumb stuff, because their buddy who know as much of nothing said so.

A guy who can just barely pull a dip stick on a car, suddenly becomes super tech on bikes. LOL All the tools he needs is a claw hammer and pair of cheap lock grips (Not Vise grips) and a screw driver.

You can spot them from the tool marks on any nut or bolt they ever touched

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Old 06-01-2013, 12:15 PM   #11
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
It all lies within the art of copy and glue, Grasshopper.

I know. There's several members that we never hear from any more, cause brad n tim have made climb atop electric trains and grab the wire.
This guy videoed his for your entertainment.
'graphic"
TC and Brad are good guys to me almost no matter what they do.. Brad's from Cal so he gets extra allowance..

TC carried a GUN! Well at least when he knows i will be around

Can't see the video as i am far too young .. maybe next year eh?

It's 91 out, I should be cleaning the bike and go for a ride 'It was Written' veggie's are almost all in.

In the e-mail notice I can see that guy fry... 1 less mouth to feed. Oh Well

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Last edited by macmac; 06-01-2013 at 12:20 PM.

Old 06-01-2013, 12:20 PM   #12

Quote:
Thanks man I just didn't know if we had such features and have never used one before. But it works great..

No guys with well over 1,000 post would do that to me.

Dead thread now.....
Well what you just witnessed is known as a "flash in the pan Kawhead genius", if you never seen it before. I have 'em every time the cicadas come out of the ground and mate. So I'm told. What ever a cicada is or how often they make the nasty, I haven't the foggiest.

Gotta go. Damn! They's some chicks with big knockers jogging by the house!

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

Old 06-01-2013, 12:22 PM   #13
Sr. Contributor

LOL cicada's come each 17 years and this is that year... So you can expect to be right on for this entire year..

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Old 06-01-2013, 12:23 PM   #14

Quote:
Jeff, I am sure you have seen guys with cars and bikes that know nothing of mechanics do damned dumb stuff, because their buddy who know as much of nothing said so.

A guy who can just barely pull a dip stick on a car, suddenly becomes super tech on bikes. LOL All the tools he needs is a claw hammer and pair of cheap lock grips (Not Vise grips) and a screw driver.

You can spot them from the tool marks on any nut or bolt they ever touched
I make good money fixing stuff like that when it never needed to be fixed before they fixed it.
The other one that gets me is the guy who has the tools and enough sense to use them right, but can't diagnose a damn thing. He will replace $500 in parts at home then end up towing it to me. Then he will have the audacity to complain about paying me for diagnostic time because I only fixed a bad ground or some other simple thing that he could never figure out. Knowledge and experience are valuable. That is what I actually get paid for. I do have a lot of good customers who take my advice and appreciate me though, and have seen many of their cars to over 300k miles before they wanted to replace them.

Old 06-01-2013, 12:28 PM   #15

Quote:
TC and Brad are good guys to me almost no matter what they do.. Brad's from Cal so he gets extra allowance..

TC carried a GUN! Well at least when he knows i will be around

Can't see the video as i am far too young .. maybe next year eh?

It's 91 out, I should be cleaning the bike and go for a ride 'It was Written' veggie's are almost all in.

In the e-mail notice I can see that guy fry... 1 less mouth to feed. Oh Well
The vid is a guy leisurely strolling atop an electric train and absent minded reaches up and grabs the wire and pops like a fire cracker.

They are good folks. I'm being nicer to them as the rally nears in order to prevent any accident gun misfires in my direction.
I hear they shoot from the hip.

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad