Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 03-24-2013, 07:50 PM   #31

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by manban9888 View Post
No sweat. Like I said I like this forum and the people in it. I certainly wasn't threatening anyone as you suggested and don't take any of this too serious. Not too sure why your comment was directed at myself only but doesn't really matter. If anyone else can make their opinions known here I can and will also. This has been all in good fun and I had a great ride by the beach today. I hope to contribute here in a positive way whenever I can.
More folks ought to be that way.

Salute

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-24-2013, 07:53 PM   #32

Quote:
No sweat. Like I said I like this forum and the people in it. I certainly wasn't threatening anyone as you suggested and don't take any of this too serious. Not too sure why your comment was directed at myself only but doesn't really matter. If anyone else can make their opinions known here I can and will also. This has been all in good fun and I had a great ride by the beach today. I hope to contribute here in a positive way whenever I can.
Dude you stepped in it a little.

Imagine walking into a room with a friend. Then someone walks up to your friend who you've never seen, and calls them an asshole or MF. You don't realize that they are old friends. If you took offense, you would be stepping in it.

MT
VBA 936

Old 03-24-2013, 07:53 PM   #33

Quote:
Cool... It's all good then...

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 03-24-2013, 08:04 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS Tequila View Post
Dude you stepped in it a little.

Imagine walking into a room with a friend. Then someone walks up to your friend who you've never seen, and calls them an asshole or MF. You don't realize that they are old friends. If you took offense, you would be stepping in it.

MT
I hear you. People have been here a while and made friends. In the short time I've been here I have too and had a fantastic time at Antlers. I'm looking forward to meeting more of you at the national, even blowndodge cuz he's obviously an interesting guy. I'm even bringing my son to take a long road trip w him before he goes to college.
VBA #02113
Antlers, Oklahoma '12
Blairsville, Georgia '13
Antlers, Oklahoma '13
Eureka Springs, Arkansas '15

Old 03-24-2013, 08:05 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwilson View Post
Cool... It's all good then...
It's been good from my end the whole time.
VBA #02113
Antlers, Oklahoma '12
Blairsville, Georgia '13
Antlers, Oklahoma '13

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-24-2013, 08:11 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhead View Post
More folks ought to be that way.

Salute
Thanks Mike. Looking forward to riding w you again
VBA #02113
Antlers, Oklahoma '12
Blairsville, Georgia '13
Antlers, Oklahoma '13

Old 03-24-2013, 08:16 PM   #37

group hug, OK where's the beer?

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 03-24-2013, 08:17 PM   #38

Quote:
I hear you. People have been here a while and made friends. In the short time I've been here I have too and had a fantastic time at Antlers. I'm looking forward to meeting more of you at the national, even blowndodge cuz he's obviously an interesting guy. I'm even bringing my son to take a long road trip w him before he goes to college.
thats exactly what his high skool guidance counselor, a court appointed psychiatrist, and another psychiatrist member on the board said before BD ran the poor guy out of his damm mind!

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 03-24-2013, 08:18 PM   #39

Quote:
Thanks Mike. Looking forward to riding w you again
I meant everything I said... except when it comes to Mike. Got to be wary of him... he is a little suspicious in character. You know... one toe in the sauce, one toe in the... well... you know.

Just be careful... we've lost a member or two that used to hang around with him... and no one has ever heard from them again.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 03-24-2013, 08:22 PM   #40

Quote:
I meant everything I said... except when it comes to Mike. Got to be wary of him... he is a little suspicious in character. You know... one toe in the sauce, one toe in the... well... you know.

Just be careful... we've lost a member or two that used to hang around with him... and no one has ever heard from them again.
Mike was one of the guys I was most looking forward to meeting at Antlers cuz of his entertaining posts. I even met him on the way near Oldbikers and rode in w him. He was an absolute class act and pleasure to ride with.
VBA #02113
Antlers, Oklahoma '12
Blairsville, Georgia '13
Antlers, Oklahoma '13

Old 03-24-2013, 08:25 PM   #41
Top Contributor

I have to agree with Greg here. Since I joined in the early days here as well....this site has long been known to have verbal contests designed to get the utmost sarcasm and insults into many of the posts. Most are followed with a smiley face or two, but not all. Never have I ever taken any of them personally, nor should anyone...but rather, have tipped my cap to the authors for their many insightful insults, working hard to come up with one-liners of my own that are worthy of a response.

Take Top Cat for example. Tim is a well known for his direct jabs, after all, he is retired with WAY too much time on his hands...but he can take them every bit as much as he gives them and probably enjoys the ones that are "nuthin' but net" as much as everyone. BD is much the same, only more so. I have known Brad personally for a number of years via the rallies and rides we have shared. He is one of the nicest and most helpful guys you could ever meet. He too is a master at getting under some skin...but never is it meant in any other way than a friendly jousting match, where everyone smiles and shares a cocktail afterwards. The best way to get back at him is to come up with a better insult than he tossed out there. Kind of like the sign that used to hang in an office occupied by a female at a municipal water company I knew that read "Sexual harassment in this area will not be reported, however, it will be graded"....

This is a great forum with a ton of info to be had here regarding not only Vulcans, but other bikes as well. Most everyone here has spent serious time and miles on Nomads....they are fantastic, reliable, affordable machines that all of us have nothing but love for. That said, they do have their limitations when comparing them to some other touring bikes in the marketplace. The fact that many members (myself included) have moved to other brands is simply a progression of what our needs, wants and financial abilities are....needs that have been learned riding miles and miles all over this great country. We should be able to share that knowledge here so that bike manufacturers can make the improvements necessary to keep their products in demand. We stay on this forum because we have made lifelong friendships here, regardless of what we currently ride.

But for anyone who is taking any of the things they read here too seriously....my advise is simple....if there is no blood, there is no foul. Sharpen your wit, put your helmet on and get in the game....! One last thing....bring something tasty to the next rally so we can get that happy drunk look while the insults are flying...!
VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016

Old 03-24-2013, 08:35 PM   #42

Quote:

You are mistaken, I am but a poor farmer..

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

Old 03-24-2013, 08:46 PM   #43

Quote:
Mike was one of the guys I was most looking forward to meeting at Antlers cuz of his entertaining posts. I even met him on the way near Oldbikers and rode in w him. He was an absolute class act and pleasure to ride with.
Quit that!

Didn't you notice I was short and food flew out of my mouth twix my teeth when I ate? And chewed wiff my mouth open? And little kids ran like hell in fright to their moms when we went some where?

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

Old 03-24-2013, 08:49 PM   #44

Oh yeah, and pick (DIG IN) my nose three knuckles deep while your standing there talking to me?

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

Old 03-24-2013, 08:52 PM   #45

I agree w you Kris and appreciate everything you've done for the VBA. I don't think anyone took this too serious or were too offended by my sharp wit but it's a 2 way street. I truly only want good things for everybody here and the VBA. I couldn't possibly care less what anyone rides and think that as long as you're on a motorcycle you have tasted something sweeter than people who don't ride can't understand. I may be a little younger than some here but my body has some mileage and appreciate a comfortable bike more than most. The sharp wit can't only be good for a certain few and be considered good natured from some but not others. I have never read a negative thing in all your posts and enjoying reading them. You obviously care about the VBA and it shows. I'm looking forward to meeting more of you guys at the national.
VBA #02113
Antlers, Oklahoma '12
Blairsville, Georgia '13
Antlers, Oklahoma '13