Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > NorthEast Group

Old 08-07-2019, 09:41 AM   #1

Waving Looking for info on good roads to ride in RI, MA, NH & ME and places to stay

The wife & I are planning on finishing our map of states we have rode in this fall for the Northeast and we're looking for info on good roads to ride in RI, MA, NH & ME and places to stay. Possibly Labor day weekend no definite plans just yet.

"People ask us why we ride a motorcycle. For those who have experienced the joy, no explanation is necessary; for those who have not, no explanation is possible."

Tom Centofanti
Florence, NJ
VBA#3676

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-10-2019, 05:51 PM   #2

Hey Tom! Wife and i just got back last Friday from riding the entire NE. From Laconia, there's a great Shamrock tour. RoadRunner travel magazine has maps you can download. Any leg of it is fantastic, if it's not raining (had about 2 hour delay at one point). We stayed at Holiday Inn in South Burlington, Vermont and South Portland, Maine. In Augusta, Maine we stayed at Comfort Inn. Recommend any one of them. Great beds, variety of foods for breakfast, great service. Good luck and safe travels!

Old 08-10-2019, 09:25 PM   #3

Northeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie13 View Post
Hey Tom! Wife and i just got back last Friday from riding the entire NE. From Laconia, there's a great Shamrock tour. RoadRunner travel magazine has maps you can download. Any leg of it is fantastic, if it's not raining (had about 2 hour delay at one point). We stayed at Holiday Inn in South Burlington, Vermont and South Portland, Maine. In Augusta, Maine we stayed at Comfort Inn. Recommend any one of them. Great beds, variety of foods for breakfast, great service. Good luck and safe travels!
Thnx. Sounds great.

"People ask us why we ride a motorcycle. For those who have experienced the joy, no explanation is necessary; for those who have not, no explanation is possible."

Tom Centofanti
Florence, NJ
VBA#3676

Old 08-15-2019, 07:22 AM   #4

Waving RoadRunner travel magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie13 View Post

Thanks for the info on RoadRunner travel magazine. I tried to look at their interactive maps but nothing came up. Do you have to subscribe to the Mag before you can see the routes?

Tom Centofanti
Florence, NJ
VBA#3676

Old 08-15-2019, 05:42 PM   #5

Greetings,

yes, you have to be a MEMBER to get the MAPS, GPX files and related. What ISSUE are you referring to Rookie? I *may* have it.
2012 Victory Crossroads in Sunset Red "Ruby"

Previous Vulcans: '15 Vaquero, '12 Vaquero, '10 1700 Nomad, '04 1500 Classic, '01 1500 Classic, '88 Vulcan 750
VROC # 10967 | VBA # 3115

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-16-2019, 01:49 AM   #6
Sr. Contributor

Take RT 201 up to Jackman. Nice ride from Waterville ME. Cozy Cove Cabins on Big Wood Lake.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 08-16-2019, 04:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokier View Post
Greetings,

yes, you have to be a MEMBER to get the MAPS, GPX files and related. What ISSUE are you referring to Rookie? I *may* have it.

OK thnx for the info. I appreciate the offer on the issue but I think were going to subscribe for a year & try it out.

Tom Centofanti
Florence, NJ
VBA#3676

Old 08-18-2019, 08:27 AM   #8

I haven't found a way to access OLDER issues. It seems like they only give you access to issues which were available during your subscription period???
2012 Victory Crossroads in Sunset Red "Ruby"

Previous Vulcans: '15 Vaquero, '12 Vaquero, '10 1700 Nomad, '04 1500 Classic, '01 1500 Classic, '88 Vulcan 750
VROC # 10967 | VBA # 3115

Old 08-18-2019, 08:40 AM   #9

RoadRunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokier View Post
I haven't found a way to access OLDER issues. It seems like they only give you access to issues which were available during your subscription period???

Ya I signed up for a year & found out the same thing when I did some searching. Thnx for checking.

Tom Centofanti
Florence, NJ
VBA#3676