Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rallies & Rides > Archived > NorthEast Regional Rally - 2010

Old 01-09-2010, 07:07 AM   #31
Top Contributor

off to Iraq update

Good to hear from you Vin. I used to use Skype and it's a great tool especially for long distance as you use it. Keep your chin up (and your head down). The time will fly by and you'll be home before you know it. Keep us posted as we're all concerned for your wellbeing Brother ;)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-02-2010, 09:14 AM   #32

off to Iraq update

UPDATE:

Hello fellow madders/new englanders. I understand it's been on the chilly side back home. Oh well. We've had a couple of mornings around the freezing mark but always goes back up to 70 or so. Soon it will be up in the 100's. Can't wait.
I've been in a different location for a couple of weeks now. Covering for folks going home on leave. The unit is short on medics. We're about at the halfway point now. Should be home sometime in late August early September. Good time to ride. I think Denise(wife) and I are going to take off and ride for a week or two then possibly go on a cruise. I'd love to ride to Key West and spend a few days there. Never ridden a bike there. Not alot of action right now. There's been a huge religious pilgramage in Iraq for a couple of weeks now. When we fly over the major highways you can see a line of people as far as the eye can see. They say about 3 million people do this walk every year. Got to go for now. take care.

vin

Old 02-02-2010, 06:45 PM   #33
Top Contributor

off to Iraq update

Great update Vin. Stay in touch.

Old 03-09-2010, 11:29 AM   #34

off to Iraq update

Hey fellow Northeasters how the hell are you all doing? I heard it's been a long snowy winter back there. My wife told me it's been really warm out lately.....50's!! It was 98 degrees here today. Been in the ninties everyday for the past 4-5 days. Weird, doesn't feel like it though. Three days ago I took my annual PT (physical fitness) test. I had to walk 2.5 miles and did it in 31 minutes. That's humin right along, and my shirt never got wet from sweat. It's so dry here that the sweat evaporates off you immediately. It can fool you. No sweat, then don't need water, right? WRONG. Many soldiers here fall out to heat injuries because of that same thing. My job is to keep an eye on those things. I'm past the halfway point now. it's all down hill now. Can say much of what's happening here. The Iraqi's did just have their elections a couple of days ago. You may have heard about the people killed by bombs in Bagdad. What guts it takes to go to the polling place and see people killed or just taking that chance yourself. That's one way we could spell freedom. Thinking about a new Voyager when I get back. I see Kawa has some goodies available as accessories listed now. Maybe they're learning. My Nomad maybe up for sale soon. Anyways, got to go for now. You all take care and ride safe.

vin

Old 03-09-2010, 04:46 PM   #35
Top Contributor

off to Iraq update

Great to hear from you Vin. I saw my first Robin here yesterday and the weather is beautiful for early March. Keep checking in and stay safe.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-10-2010, 12:55 PM   #36

off to Iraq update

thanks Beezer. Good to hear from you too.

Old 04-14-2010, 06:40 AM   #37

off to Iraq update

Just figured I'd chime in. Thanks Vin. Come back the same way you left.

(Well maybe not you sick puppy). ;)

Anyway thoughts to you and all your buds.

Old 05-10-2010, 02:59 PM   #38

off to Iraq update

UPDATE:

Coming home in 5 days for R&R. Looking forward to the break. Lot more pressure with my job here than I figured. Hopefully will get to ride while there.
Temps here are unbelievable now: 114 degrees in the shade!! I've been told that last year it got up to 130 in the shade. Hard to believe. I'm looking forward to lots of "PAINKILLERS" while home.

Take care gys.

vin

Old 05-10-2010, 03:08 PM   #39
Top Contributor

off to Iraq update

You take care and enjoy your R&R. I'll get the first round of Painkillers :)

Old 05-12-2010, 09:49 AM   #40

off to Iraq update

Enjoy Vin and thanks.

Old 07-02-2010, 11:00 AM   #41

off to Iraq update

UPDATE:

Time is getting short now. Should be starting the move out process in the next few weeks. I'm sooo looking to coming home. Denise and I are probably going to jump on the bike and head down to Cape Cod. Not sure what part yet. I grew up in the NE and have never been to the Cape. looking forward to it.

vin

Old 07-02-2010, 11:00 AM   #42

off to Iraq update

UPDATE:

Time is getting short now. Should be starting the move out process in the next few weeks. I'm sooo looking to coming home. Denise and I are probably going to jump on the bike and head down to Cape Cod. Not sure what part yet. I grew up in the NE and have never been to the Cape. looking forward to it.

vin

Old 07-02-2010, 11:00 AM   #43

off to Iraq update

UPDATE:

vin

Old 07-05-2010, 07:08 AM   #44

off to Iraq update

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightdoc
UPDATE:

vin
The cape can be tough for enjoying the motorcycle in the summer time because of traffic. If you decide to make that trip or are in the RI area at all, drop me a line to let me know when, with the possibility of hooking up (if schedule permits).

PM me with an update as things progress.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:01 PM   #45
Top Contributor

off to Iraq update

I'd like to meet you Vin. I miss you and I've never met you. Sounds weird but it's real. Hope you're safe !