Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 06-30-2008, 01:27 AM   #16
Advanced Member

--==^^^ Rally Feedback ^^^==--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringadingh
Im ok with the rally's being within a days drive. I rode 9 1/2 hours to get to Elkins, thats just about it for me, 530 miles. Thats about enough for one day on a bike, no reason to torture yourself.
I hear ya, Just looked up how far Custer, SD, was from me. lol would take me 3 full days of hard riding just to get there 1581 miles. Was hoping for something little closer.
VBA #00077

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-30-2008, 04:19 PM   #17

I hear ya, Just looked up how far Custer, SD, was from me. lol would take me 3 full days of hard riding just to get there 1581 miles. Was hoping for something little closer.

2168 miles for me from Naples, FL to Custer....
That might be pushing it a bit... :)

Old 06-30-2008, 04:54 PM   #18
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe (mrfuni) #250

2168 miles for me from Naples, FL to Custer....
That might be pushing it a bit... :)
I had you in mind when I suggested that Mr Funi ;)

Custer is 1700 miles for me and that ain't happenin'. I'll take that gas money and time and go on a cruise.

Old 06-30-2008, 05:07 PM   #19

Send a message via Yahoo to ruruson1

Well I missed the Central ralley and anly live 30 miles away. I tried to get there but family issues and a few other things made it impossible. maybe next year. Hope to see ya'll in the future.

Old 06-30-2008, 06:18 PM   #20
Advanced Member

the eastern rally was a 500 mile each way and this wasn't to bad for us here in southeast Tenn.
the best part of this was meeting our new friends
I think it would be good to split it up into 6 area rallies as this would make it a little more rider friendly for a lot of the kawanow folks.
the time of year was great here in the south or east side.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-30-2008, 06:45 PM   #21
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjones1
the eastern rally was a 500 mile each way and this wasn't to bad for us here in southeast Tenn.
the best part of this was meeting our new friends
I think it would be good to split it up into 6 area rallies as this would make it a little more rider friendly for a lot of the kawanow folks.
the time of year was great here in the south or east side.
David, I can't remember what town you are near....how far are you from Boone NC.....we were over there the other day and was thinking about you

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC

Old 06-30-2008, 06:58 PM   #22
Advanced Member

just above chattanooga todd, you were about 3hours away from me. I was thinking about it but just was slammed with crap around the house with the 4th coming up. about 100+ due here for the 4th. got any room at your place LOLOLOLOL. just looking to excape.
ride safe.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:05 PM   #23

First of all would like to say we had a good time at the Eastern Rally. I appreciate all driving distances to attend and what a great group of folks. It was 1300 miles round trip for me, would do it again in a heartbeat. Had group dinner Thurs night to meet and greet and that gave folks Thurs night to rest up from riding in. Had organized rides Fri and Sat with group dinner Fri nite and grill out at local park sat nite which I think everybody really enjoyed as you could walk around and visit more easily than at a restaurant.

We decided to have door prizes the last night at the grill out. Lots of folks wanted to bring something. Ended up everybody went home with something! There was some really great gifts too! Want to send a heartfelt thanks to Wompas and Coach for the special door prizes they provided.

I got a (Partial ;)) bafflectomy. Lots of folks were interested and watching this mod being done. So who knows if folks wanted volunteer to have little mod sessions I think folks would enjoy that. Thanks to davidjones1 for helping me have a little more rumble. ;)

We did at the last moment come up with 2 rides on sat one short/one long which as someone mentioned I think is a good idea to give folks an option.

The saturday ride landed up with a total contribution to the Bryan Alzheimer's Research Center of $237. After some others on the forum contributed, Amy had a total contributin of $427. I was so proud we could all do that. Several expressed that they liked the idea of having a fund raiser for a worthy cause.

As someone mentioned about the Western group, those at the Eastern group had a 'group' mentality. We all looked out for each other and so many jumped in and voluteered to help like at the grill out etc...

Couple of thoughts here from comments others have made so far:
(1) I do think the rallies should have a least a couple of days of events as it is a long way for someone to ride for a one day event.

(2) As far as dividing up into 6 regions I think that would have to be an outgrowth of a growing membership. To break it up into 6 regions too soon may have very small groups and be more like some folks getting together for a ride than a rally. Also may be more difficult to come up with that many rally leaders.

(3) Yep Custer SD may be a long way for some of us (me too). But didn't Trip say that the years that have one rally would rotate to different sections of the country. I know with the Motormaids group they have one big annual convention and rotate each year west us, central us, east us, canada...then start again.

FYI: My husband, Ken, says to tell all how much he enjoyed the rally. Said he felt very comfortable and relaxed with everybody. Says most enjoyable m/c group he has been around. Our guest Ronnie and Reba (on goldwing) had to leave a day early due to weather concerns and work schedule. Ken says after they left Ken's goldwing was referred to as 'Brand X'.

Sorry for long repsonse.

Kawanow Member #23
Hubbie-Ken '10 Metalic Black Goldwing

Old 06-30-2008, 08:10 PM   #24

Unwind, thanks for the compliment, it was my pleasure. I went to the winery the other night and told them that the bottles were a hit. For any of you that may want a commemorative bottle from the rally, let me know and I'll check into it for you. I think they can ship almost anywhere...except Virginia...sorry Brian.
2003 BMW K1200LT "Magic Carpet" DOA 11/7/2015
VBA #00291
IBA # 41995
DS #320
'08 Elkins, WV; '09 Helen, GA; '09 Custer, SD; '10 Stanton, VA; '11 Maggie Valley; '12 Townsend, TN; '13 Estes Park; '13 Blairsville, GA; '15 Eureka Springs; '16 Helen; '18 Custer, SD

Old 07-01-2008, 04:03 AM   #25
Top Contributor

free drunk

the wine's on coacha

Old 07-01-2008, 05:45 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by unwind2

Couple of thoughts here from comments others have made so far:
(1) I do think the rallies should have a least a couple of days of events as it is a long way for someone to ride for a one day event.

(2) As far as dividing up into 6 regions I think that would have to be an outgrowth of a growing membership. To break it up into 6 regions too soon may have very small groups and be more like some folks getting together for a ride than a rally. Also may be more difficult to come up with that many rally leaders.

(3) Yep Custer SD may be a long way for some of us (me too). But didn't Trip say that the years that have one rally would rotate to different sections of the country. I know with the Motormaids group they have one big annual convention and rotate each year west us, central us, east us, canada...then start again.

That sums up my thoughts very well unwind.

Old 07-01-2008, 06:27 AM   #27

Send a message via Skype™ to aj

Hey Trip, 1 big complaint.......... I missed out!!! but I must admit it is great to vicariously live the rallies through the posts, vids, pics etc. One day, One day!!
How many members are in Australia? Its a big place but maybe we might get a chance to ride together?

Old 07-01-2008, 06:53 AM   #28
VBA Founder

Well said unwind2. Sounds like you guys had a blast at the Eastern Rally.

I'd like to give my 2 centavos worth on the National Rally in Custer. I know many of you are doing the math on miles and saying, "No way". I realize for some of you Custer, SD is a long trip. But, the whole idea behind holding a National rally was to get EVERYONE together in one place. It just so happens that Custer represents some of the best riding and countryside ever seen by a human being.

We want to promote Custer early, so that everyone can have the time to plan for the trip. One of the reasons why we own a motorcycle is to ride it. What better way to ride than to spend the time riding to a National rally. It may take several days to get there, but remember, sometimes it's not the destination, but the journey.

In my case, it's going to take me three days riding over 450 miles a day to get there. But, I don't care. I'm used to riding that much in a day and I enjoy it. With proper planning, I believe that anyone can make it there and back home safely and enjoy the trip. You really don't have to ride alone. With proper planning, anyone can link up and ride in and back with other members.

I believe that Custer is going to be something we'll never forget. I encourage and challenge each member to consider attending and not worry about the miles, but take a look at the comradery and adventure a trip like this can afford. If you take a look at my states traveled map down in my footer, you'll notice I haven't ridden a motorcycle in South Dakota. I'm looking forward to seeing the scenery, riding the roads the Custer area provides, getting to meet and see every one of you and putting another notch in my map.

Trip

Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Old 07-01-2008, 07:57 AM   #29

From what we've seen, mini-regional rallies are going to happen in any event, not necessarily sanctioned by KawaNOW but just as folks find each other and decide to get together for long weekends. The 6-regional rally idea has merits too and people who can travel longer distances could go to the one(s) of their choosing. However, the best chance to get the most folks together at one place at one time is a somewhat centralized national rally as Trip has suggested, will be a long trip for some no matter what.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:32 AM   #30

Well, I'm working on my wife a bit. Maybe we'll go to Custer. If I go through Tahoe instead of Mojave it's only like 5 miles farther, though a lot more on the superslab, but Nomads eat up the superslab. She's never been across the Bonneville Salt Flats, though I'm not sure that would be much of an enticement if she really knew what they were like. Ditto the north route across Nevada. My biggest issue would be this: after 2 days in Mesquite I still didn't get to really meet and talk to everyone, and our group was only about 20 people. If 100 or more show up in Custer, it'll take a lot more than 2 days just to get around to say "Hi" to each of them, assuming we're actually going to ride there.