Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > New Member Introductions

Old 08-01-2011, 12:37 PM   #1

Hi all, I am Denny Lauterbach, a new member from Leland, MI, just a bit northwest of Traverse City on the lake Michigan shore. I've owned my '99 Nomad since 2003, and had a Vulcan 750 for several years before that.
I'm still smiling about how I learned of KawaNOW in early June. I was returning form a visit to my grankids in Greensboro, NC, and wanted to go through "The Tail" on my way home. I've been there a couple tiimes before, but pulled over in Maggie Valley to check the map. So, I see a couple of Nomads sitting in the KMart parking lot, and park next to them. Out come 2 couples, who ask if I'm there for the KawaNOW convention. I said "what's that?", and soon I was marveling at all the great looking Nomads just a couple miles down the road.
Thanks to the "Coach", and his wife and friends for including me. Turns out he and I were the only ones with the red/maroon combination. And he pointed out to me that mine was built in March, '98, so is really a '98, but labeled a '99. I'm embarassed to say thanks for jumping me when I left, Coach, because like an idiot I left my key on while I was browsing.
Safe riding all.

Login or Register to Remove Ads