Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > NorthEast Group

Old 09-07-2010, 10:25 PM   #31

NE Meet and Greet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc
Ok Now I am confused. Bet the farm you are not going, or bet the farm you will change your mind? ???
come to think of it, I'm also confused... ??? ??? If it helps any, me going for sure. I'll bring some beer too
Your bringing the beer Sylvain?, OK I'll go.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-08-2010, 04:36 AM   #32
Top Contributor

NE Meet and Greet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly

come to think of it, I'm also confused... ??? ??? If it helps any, me going for sure. I'll bring some beer too
Your bringing the beer Sylvain?, OK I'll go.
not going to the national

Old 09-09-2010, 04:23 PM   #33
Sr. Contributor

NE Meet and Greet

Quote:
Originally Posted by radco
I should have 3 /4 weeks off next year so time frame should work for me,,,,,,, where ever we hook up we can just wing it on the roads. Lets start searching now for routes! Steve if you remember the roads that would be a plus!
Beezer what are your toughts on Roads ??
Fish?
Meeting up with people on the way down will make the ride down even beter :)
Rich, are you thinking we should meet up and spend a day or two cruising in that area? Or are you thinking of meeting up and riding local roads to get to the national rally?
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Old 09-09-2010, 04:33 PM   #34

NE Meet and Greet

Quote:
Originally Posted by loafer
Quote:
I should have 3 /4 weeks off next year so time frame should work for me,,,,,,, where ever we hook up we can just wing it on the roads. Lets start searching now for routes! Steve if you remember the roads that would be a plus!
Beezer what are your toughts on Roads ??
Fish?
Meeting up with people on the way down will make the ride down even beter :)
Rich, are you thinking we should meet up and spend a day or two cruising in that area? Or are you thinking of meeting up and riding local roads to get to the national rally?
Basicly Im open to what ever works :) Local roads. Roads on the way down , what ever works for everyone.. Maybe a few side trips on the way to Pa. ? Im open to ideas

Old 09-09-2010, 05:15 PM   #35

NE Meet and Greet

Quote:
Quote:

Basicly Im open to what ever works :) Local roads. Roads on the way down , what ever works for everyone.. Maybe a few side trips on the way to Pa. ? Im open to ideas
Seems to me Rich, ( if you don't mind me putting my two cent in ) It might be good to just start off planning the most direct routes from the different directions that some of us would be coming from and create meeting points. These points can be changed and tweaked as well as the routes when it is known who is going etc. Harley route planner would probably be useful for this.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-09-2010, 06:07 PM   #36
Sr. Contributor

NE Meet and Greet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc
Quote:
Seems to me Rich, ( if you don't mind me putting my two cent in ) It might be good to just start off planning the most direct routes from the different directions that some of us would be coming from and create meeting points. These points can be changed and tweaked as well as the routes when it is known who is going etc. Harley route planner would probably be useful for this.
Thats a good idea. The northern most guys could decide which routes they would take to funnel to a overnight, what they think is a good distance of travel. And the rest of us could decide what would be handy to join up along the way. I've not done any southern routes before, so I would hope to join up with other new englanders in Mass. Conn. or N.Y.
Who is Harley?

Old 09-09-2010, 06:52 PM   #37
Top Contributor

NE Meet and Greet

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc

http://rideplanner.harley-davidson.c...bmLocale=en_US

Thats a good idea. The northern most guys could decide which routes they would take to funnel to a overnight, what they think is a good distance of travel. And the rest of us could decide what would be handy to join up along the way. I've not done any southern routes before, so I would hope to join up with other new englanders in Mass. Conn. or N.Y.
Who is Harley?
74,010miles
VBA #299
Her's 10 900LT 36,700

09 Bath NY.
10 Lake George NY.
11 National Maggie Valley NC.
12 Pa Wilds (Wellsboro) Pa.
14 Lincoln NH.
17 National Lake George NY.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:52 PM   #38

NE Meet and Greet

CNC I need all the help I can get LOL. GREAT idea.. I hear the Harley road planer is a good one. We can all decide on a meet up place as we go.. I do kow Hwy 81 is a direct route by slab... Off routes if time permits would be a gas :).. Any small southern town are great places to visit and meet great people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc
Quote:

Old 09-09-2010, 08:02 PM   #39

NE Meet and Greet

You and I are on the same page :), will see who is coming from Me.,Ma.,NH.,VT,Ct etc.. Boston is about 5 hrs from me....Ct 6/7
BUT I would want to stay off HWY 95 in NY,, Sucks in a car,, SUCKs monkey balls on a MC .. for slabbing it in Ct. Merrit Pky 9Rt 15) to Hwy 287 Tappen Zee Bridge is the way to go.. Hwy 90 in Ma to Ny is nice as well... Once out of NY and NJ some side roads could be nice. Maybe Upstate NY the south? Glad we have time to plan :) hope I can get all the time off at once

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc

Who is Harley?

Old 09-09-2010, 08:11 PM   #40
Sr. Contributor

NE Meet and Greet

Thanks Fish.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:54 PM   #41

NE Meet and Greet

My brother and his wife just came back from a two week trip down to Maggie valley from up here in Montreal. Over the next while I'll pick his brains and his routes on the gps as well.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 09-10-2010, 03:05 PM   #42

NE Meet and Greet

I am not even sure I am gong but here is my suggestion.
One option is to slab it down to Front Royal VA from central (Sturbridge?) MA it is about 475 miles. Then take a couple/three days doing Skyline drive and the Blue Ridge then scoot off the parkway in Ashville or further south to head over to Maggie or wherever the rally is.

I did basically this last year Worcester MA to Front Royal in 1 day. Then 2 days on Skyline and Blue Ridge, it was a nice trip.

Maybe take more back roads home when everybody is a little more tired etc....

Old 09-10-2010, 06:53 PM   #43
Sr. Contributor

NE Meet and Greet

Just checked that site for the Harley planner. It shows I'm 1027 miles and 17 1/2 hours away from Maggie Valley. Definately a two full day ride to get there for me. One day would put me in Penn. I guess. Front Royal, Va. I will look at that next.
You northern guys are planning what?

Old 09-10-2010, 08:04 PM   #44

NE Meet and Greet

Quote:
Just checked that site for the Harley planner. It shows I'm 1027 miles and 17 1/2 hours away from Maggie Valley. Definately a two full day ride to get there for me. One day would put me in Penn. I guess. Front Royal, Va. I will look at that next.
Im 1241 mile to Maggie valley.. shows 20 hrs by car.. with a bike more stops I woould say it is 23/24 hr ride.. so a layover 2/3 days would make a nice ride.. if time permits.. Us New Englanders can meet up around Mass?? or what ever works

Old 09-10-2010, 08:11 PM   #45
Sr. Contributor

NE Meet and Greet

Quote:
Quote:
Im 1241 mile to Maggie valley.. shows 20 hrs by car.. with a bike more stops I woould say it is 23/24 hr ride.. so a layover 2/3 days would make a nice ride.. if time permits.. Us New Englanders can meet up around Mass?? or what ever works
I would probably run down I-91. And jump in wherever. Mass. or Conn. I'm thinking of spending as much time as possible. I've never been down there and would love to go for a few rides in the areas we will be in.