Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 03-24-2008, 12:52 AM   #16

Northerners forgive me..

People have the wrong idea about California. Most of it is typical rural and small town America.

Then there are the Greater LA, 'Frisco, Sacramento, and San Diego areas, which are pretty much like big cities everywhere. They give California a bum rap.

If you stay out of those places, it is a huge, wonderful state with lots of wilderness-type riding, desolate seashore, soaring mountains, interesting small towns, and deserts you could really get lost in. Really.

The problem is one of marketing: all you out-of-state folks see on TV is the big city crap.

I gotta post my ride photos here.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-24-2008, 03:14 PM   #17
Mega-Contributor

Northerners forgive me..

I agree, California has a lot of varied scenery and it's an enormous state, big cities make up a relatively small area. I'm partial to the area from Oxnard up the coast to Santa Barbara, and the Angel's Camp area S of Sacto. Come to think of it, the area NE of Sacto, around Chico and Paradise and Oroville is also very nice.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 03-24-2008, 04:04 PM   #18

Northerners forgive me..

Hey Danmark. t's amazing how a few miles can such a difference. Barrington, nh is about 30 miles north of you and we still have a lot of snow up here once you get off the major roads.
Have to meet up one of these days. We have a good friend that just moved to Haverhill.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:07 PM   #19

Northerners forgive me..

Flightdoc, I look forward to a meeting. I think about riding that way every time I am out but I keep hearing about that snow. I was down near Fall River Ma for easter and it looks like spring. Guy down there says he only used snowblower three times and the snow never really lasted. Only a 90 mile trip south. I hope your snow goes away soon.
I am sure we will meet up soon

Mark

Old 03-24-2008, 09:10 PM   #20

Northerners forgive me..

Quote:
I agree, California has a lot of varied scenery and it's an enormous state, big cities make up a relatively small area. I'm partial to the area from Oxnard up the coast to Santa Barbara, and the Angel's Camp area S of Sacto. Come to think of it, the area NE of Sacto, around Chico and Paradise and Oroville is also very nice.
I kinda miss the Grand Canyon and Cave Creek. I wonder what it's like now? Haven't been there since 1973.

Login or Register to Remove Ads